cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

@Jess1-RO two very wonderful, well articulated reasons! Heart I totally agree that the stuff that happens here is really unique and amazing Smiley Happy Smiley Very Happy

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

they are some pretty awesome reasons @Jess1-RO Heart Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Well said @lokifish and @Amirah-RO.

@Amirah-RO I'd be interested to hear what you favourite reasons are for working at RO?

Check out our community activities calendar for November 2019 here

I'm curious too @Jess1-RO 

@Amirah-RO:

Smiley Tongue

Apologies I am late! @Jess1-RO have you seen Parks and Rec? 

I've just bought a hoodie with the Friends logo on it 😊 I love Chandler his one liners are the best!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

@Jess1-RO Good question Smiley Happy Similar to you, i was really drawn to the peer support community. I had checked out the forums before starting at RO and was so impressed! I really feel like peer support is the future and wanted to learn as much about it as I could! Smiley Happy

I also feel like RO embodies all of it's values. From our YAY YOU's to how collaborative we work with young people, whether as mods, content squad (giving feedback about our content to make sure it's youth friendly) so many reasons! 

Now, to throw back to you @Jess1-RO Any fun stories about the ReachOut office? Do you have any favourite staff members? (Besides me ofcourse Smiley Tongue)

Welcome @ErinsAntics! I love Parks and Rec, awesome show!

Highlighted

"Do you have any favourite staff members?"

hahahahahahaa @lokifish Smiley Very Happy

Love that @Amirah-RO and so true! 

Have I got any funny stories about the RO office?

Yes I do! 

My favourite RO story happened on my second day. Every two weeks we have a staff meeting we call “staffie” where all the ReachOut teams get together to talk about what they are doing, their wins and opportunities for improvement.

My second day was the day of the quarterly staffie (which was a bigger version of the staffie). I was busily typing away and learning about the forum when I hear this loud cooing noise that sounded like a chicken. It was so loud and out of nowhere, I jumped up out of my chair perplexed thinking there was a chicken in the office?