cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

You mean we're the reason the community is so awesome?

Re: INFOBUS JULY 26th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team and Peer Support

@Jess1-RO Yes the rubber chicken is infamous in RO now! When I hear it, I know food is coming! Smiley Very Happy So good! 

And I'm glad to hear that you've felt welcomed by the teamSmiley Happy

Good question here!!: What's something you'd like to change about RO/the forums?

What would I like to change about the forums?

This is a really hard question but I'll give it a go. I think one thing I would like to see us do is look at how we support new members to re-access the forums after their first post and what we can do to encourage re-engagement. 

Maybe in a few months time I will have some more ideas!

Check out our community activities calendar for September 2019 here

There's always room for improvement and that is definitely a key time for new users in terms of engaging in the forums and community. Great suggestion @Jess1-RO 

Next question, What does a typical day at work look like for you?

Highlighted

@Jess1-RO I was curious to hear how you'd answer that one! Engagement with new members is something we've come a long way with, but there's still a long way to go. Love that answer Smiley Happy

A typical day in the office for me. 

I come in and say hi to the people in the office, make myself a coffee, jump on the computer and check out the forums. Most of my time at work is spent interacting on the youth and parent forums, and speaking with our mods and parent peer supporters!

We have meetings at ReachOut that @Amirah-RO@gina-RO and I attend and plan things like the infobus, training, threads in the forum and other things happening at ReachOut! 

Sometimes we will have presentations from other teams and opportunities to learn about what they are doing and where we can link in their work with the forums. It's always really cool to hear what other teams in RO are doing!

Check out our community activities calendar for September 2019 here

You guys have so much insight into this too @lokifish @scared01 @ErinsAntics @Bee I'd be really interested to see what suggestions you guys have also. Hopefully there's be an opportunity at the next mod training!

You guys have so much insight into this too @lokifish @scared01 @ErinsAntics @Bee I'd be really interested to see what suggestions you all have also. Hopefully there'll be an opportunity at the next mod training!

@Amirah-RO I helped make/run about half the presentations at last year's mod workshop (because I needed to ensure there was a sufficient amount of ridiculous memes included in them Smiley Tongue)

So I have many ideas which are totally legit... Smiley Tongue

Such a great answer @Jess1-RO I do agree that we can do more to help engage new members, I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions! As @lokifih said we've come a long way but there's room for improvement Smiley Happy
Sounds like a great idea to try and incorporate into the mod program @Amirah-RO Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart