cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: INFOBUS September 27th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Amirah

@annabethxchase Yes, I was. I still face them now, 10 years later! Lol Back then I handled things quite differently. I didn't have the best communication skills and internalised a lot of things. Now, I just try to communicate things as clearly as possible and also have the confidence to realise when it's time to part and go seperate ways. 

What strategies do you use/have you used?

Re: INFOBUS September 27th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Amirah

That's great that you were able to learn how to deal with things @Amirah-RO ! It sounds like your experiences also added to your empathy, would you say so too?

@litgym and @annabethxchase so great to see you are both interested in volunteering! That's how I started in mental health and it was so fulfilling. All of the amazing support that you both offer others on the forums is also a form of volunteering, and one that makes such a big impact in the lives of others! It is also that generosity and compassion that supports our community to thrive- every person here is a part of that too!

Check out our community activities calendar for July 2019 here

Aw that's a shame @Amirah-RO but it's great that you stood up for yourself!

I tried to be really nice to these girls who were being mean but kinda gave up after 8 months and then just payed no attention tot hem and didn't let them see that they bullied me and eventually completely stopped caring what they said/how they acted!

So much Heart in here! @litgym @missep @annabethxchase @scared01 before I continue just wanted to say that you are all amazing, and are helping inspire others by just being YOU!! Heart

@Jess1-RO Brave, loving, and honest Smiley Happy What about you?? Smiley Wink

My advice would be: Trust your intuition

@Jess1-RO Brave, loving, and honest Smiley Happy What about you?? Smiley Wink

My advice would be: Trust your intuition

Aww *Tears of happiness* you are to nice @Amirah-ROHeart

Is it okay if you send me the link to the volunteer page? I can't find it @litgym (Me and my non-existent technology skills causing issues

@Amirah-RO naww that’s so sweetHeart

i have a question, do you have the exact same job as Jess and Gina or is yours slightly different ? I’ve read somewhere your job is a bit different to Jess’s and Gina’s.

@Amirah-RO my reactions reading your answers...

oh my god wow GIF by 9Now

happy very funny GIF by Disney Zootopia

With all that experience and passion we're super lucky to have you around! <3

You've touched on encouraging others, but for those wanting to head into the mental health field, what are 3 tips to succeed in the field?

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart