cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS September 27th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Amirah

What is your favourite part of working at ReachOut?

What things do you have on your desk at ReachOut to personalise it?

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

Re: INFOBUS September 27th 2018: Getting to know the ReachOut Online Community Team with Amirah

@Amirah-RO wrote:

@scared01 Every day. Whether it's consciously taking a break to get a cup of coffee (or a brownie @Jess1-RO haha) or doing meditation. I try to practice it every day. 

My favourite activity is to count my blessings, quite literally! I wear beads on my wrist most days and when I'm feeling overwhelmed or stuck, I think of one thing I'm grateful for, for each bead. there are 100 beads on it and I've never gotten through all 100 before feeling better! Usually 10-15 Smiley Tongue

This made me smile so much! 

no way love GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

haha brownies are so good @Amirah-RO i have such a bad sweet tooth Smiley Tongue

oh wow what an interesting self care activity! are you wearing your bracelet now?- can you share a pic of it?
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**
Highlighted

Bahahahaa  @FootyFan26

haha no way @Amirah-RO just a different view Smiley Happy
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

What is your favourite part of working at ReachOut? Working across different teams, including media and comms, content and research. It's cool to have to opportunity to give input about the awesome content that RO puts out. And it's a given but the forums! Although I don't have as much contact as Gina and Jess, I check in every time and am constantly reminded of the courage and vulnerability shown in our online community Smiley Happy

What things do you have on your desk at ReachOut to personalise it? I have some gifts from my previous clients, a candle and a cool shell thing, not really sure how to describe it! I may have to take a photo of it when I'm in the office next Smiley Happy They remind me of why I do what I do Heart

It is amazing to get to see the courage of this community- we are lucky to be a part of it @Amirah-RO! Totally agree with you about working across teams! RO is super connected between teams and we learn so much from our ReachOut Peers!

Next question for you:

What's something we can do to get more men working in the mental health field?

Check out our community activities calendar for October 2019 here

@scared01 I am! I'll send a photo through soon Smiley Happy

@Jess1-RO We are, aren't we! Smiley Happy

What's something we can do to get more men working in the mental health field? Break the stigma and taboos surrounding toxic masculinity. We need to change the narrative about what makes a man, or any person "strong". We need more male role models in the sector speaking out too!