cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: INFOBUS RETURNS! 24th May -All things job hunting and employment [Special Guest]

It can feel really complicated these days hey! 
Great point @j95 - sometimes in person is the way to go.
I often find that a lot of companies like you to go through their specific recruitment page on their website these days - especially bigger companies - and they will have their own questions and process! 

So thinking of companies you'd like to work at and finding their "jobs" or "recruitment" page is a good way to start. 

Otherwise websites like seek, or ethical jobs... 

Thoughts @SamK1008?

Re: INFOBUS RETURNS! 24th May -All things job hunting and employment [Special Guest]

A good way to start would generally be the main platforms such as seek or linkedIn, otherwise if your job is more specific, recruitment agencies or employment centres where you can get the support and assitance you wish.

oh yeah good point some people individually advertise on facebook @ErinsAntics
do people still use the paper to advertise jobs these days>
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@ErinsAntics Oh yes there is a few for my town too, however they all seem to be ones which don't even say who the job is for, and have never lead anywhere either...

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart
Highlighted

if you have a mental illness should you declare it during a job interview? Or do you wait until you get the job and then declare it?

depending on the job and how comfortable you are with sharing that information. Some jobs require you to disclose any mental illness/ disability. If you feel that your mental illness will directly affect your work, then it may be a good idea. the choice is yours.

also... connections and who you know is a big one 

when i got my job when you filled in your details you had to tick off any medical conditions and one of them was anxiety and i didnt tick it because i was worried i would be treated differently

Thats so true @Bee that some ads just don't have enough information! It's always good to do a bit of rummaging around - I find online to be the best place to get accurate information. 

But also such a good point @j95  that who you know ends up often being the biggest thing - which is why it's often a good idea to ask around your friends. 

I've had friends put up status's on facebook, or send out messages saying they are looking for work, and what kind of work, and often someone will know of something going. 

Yes @j95, great point - the good ol’ paper might be a good place too!

Great points everyone! Thanks in advance for your time @SamK1008!!

turns out my boss is really nice and has been more than accomodating when i have needed help so thats good