cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Infobus: Hello Sunday Morning!

The program helps people take 3 months off drinking. Something that is actually pretty hard, but things that are challenging are always worth it.

So once you're online at HSM you set some goals for the 3 months and then blog about the highs and lows of your experience to over 20,000 other people going through the same thing. We get 1000s of blog posts every day, it's pretty cool stuff

That's awesome! Do people find out about that on the Community part of your website?? https://www.hellosundaymorning.org

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

You can see my HSM profile here: https://www.hellosundaymorning.org/jmoore10

I really wish I still had that rabbit Smiley Sad

The community part is more about the Facebook pages. When you actually create a HSM account you can get access to all the other users and meet some new people. They really are all over the world - we got some sign ups in Argentina today!

Here are some exact words written by a HSMer 8 minutes ago:

So I have made it to 2 weeks without alcohol! Last time I tried to make 2 weeks I only managed 10 days, so maybe having a much bigger goal makes a little goal look easier. I had my first sober night out this week and that was HARD. It was especially hard as everyone else who was there was so very drunk. But I went and forced myself to stay for at least 2 hours, drank lime and soda, and then left with my other sober friend. It certainly wasn't as fun as it would once have been, but I also didn't wake up the next day feeling stupid and full of regret. And that fact made up for it one hundred fold.

That's really awesome.. and kinda leads into our final Q for the night which I'd love to hear from everyone - as well as Jamie: What are some of the small steps we could take towards a healthier attitude to drinking?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Ah check I get it! Argentina! Awesome!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

That's so awesome to hear someone's real experience - and I so agree about the idea of breaking a big goal down into little pieces... ANd it must be so awesome to have group of people around the world who are going through the same thing as you!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I'll search "tips" right now on HSM and see what I find

Sometimes just having a drink in your hand can make you have the feeling of drinking. Even if its water, juice, cordial, mocktail or redbull can make you feel like you're a more normal part of the group. Which is a very different feeling, in comparison to if everyone else around you is drinking and you are standing there semi awkwardly without anything in your hand.