cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Jan 30 Infobus: Coping with depression

And to throw it out to all of you – what do you think? Where can you turn for help if you or someone you know was feeling depressed?

There's counsellors, psychologists and friends. There's also apps, hotlines and forums like RO Smiley Happy There's so much out there and we're making progress with mental health and no ways of stopping Smiley Very Happy For me, if there was someone I know who was feeling depressed, I'd tell them that there's always help out there and that they shouldn't give up. If they don't really want to talk about it, I could leave maybe a pamphlet or a card of a particular place that they could go to or a site they could visit for more info. I think that taking small steps can lead to so much more and not all problems are fixed in one day. Listening is also a big one too - telling someone that you're here for them and that you are willing to listen to anything they feel like saying without feeling compelled to or being judged.  

Thanks for facilitating Ruenhonx and Sophie (and whoelse?) And thank you Alikki for coming tonight! Smiley Happy

Night all Smiley Happy

Remember you're amazing just as you are Heart

Highlighted

Thanks everyone have a great night, it was super awesome tonight.