cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: LIVE CHAT Wed 13th 7PM- Australia's First People

I don’t know too much about the culture but I do know that what we call a didgeridoo is actually called a yidikki (not sure of spelling) and I think didgeridoo means music.

Sorry but I am at dinner tonight so I’ll see what I can do in terms of participation.

Hey @j95!! Thanks for organising this chat Smiley Happy

Do you know much about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture? Can you share something you already know?

I don't think I know a heap of stuff, and I feel like I'm learning more and more about the history of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture. We didn't get much exposure to Indigenous history in high school, so most of what I know comes from my own readings.

One thing I do know is where I live is the original land of the Ngunnawal people!

@safari93 @Ben-RO @scared01 @letitgo @honky @DruidChild @roseisnotaplant Smiley Very Happy

Do you know much about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture? Can you share something you already know?
To be totally honest, I don't know a lot. However, I'm trying to build on the knowledge I do know. For example, I know some of the Dreamtime stories and some aborginal games. (There's this really good one that's very similar to a game of tag cross with touch football and no football whose name I've forgotten)

My computer seems to be acting up in the heat, so I might drop out from time to time just FYI

I know quite a bit. I know that there are many different cultures and nations that make up our country.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Thanks for joining in @FootyFan26 and @safari93 Smiley Happy

Do you know much about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture?

Not enough, I would love to know more. I know indigenous Australians are one of the oldest population's of the human species according to a book I am reading called "Sapiens" Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Hey @j95, sorry if I’m a bit late to this chat but here it is:

1. Do you know much about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture? Can you share something you already know

I was originally from the NT where the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community is pretty bigger compared to other states. As a result, I learnt quite a lot about the culture at school growing up from the Dreamtime stories to the Stolen Generations.

I know a bit, not a lot, but I try and learn a bit more every where I go about the people who's land I'm walking on. I'm currently learning about the Legend if the dessert pea and how it relates to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island warriors in many nations...or the legends... because there's a few of them. 

The game is called Edor Smiley Tongue And it's quite fun. I also know the translation of the town I live in, it's interesting learning about different words and what they mean.