cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: RUOK? chat: Stop little problems becoming bigger

If you have a problem, who are you most likely to go to? Why do you choose this person?

My sister or my friend from uni.

My sister because we are super close and I trust her a lot. Plus she usually gives good advice and helps me combat my negative thinking. My friend from uni because she has similar difficulties to me with anxiety, so she understands where I'm coming from and understands how I'm feeling in a way that other people who haven't experienced anxiety can't. Also, she unloads to me too and I give her advice, so I don't feel like a burden as we are both sharing our problems and helping each other out in equal amounts. And as with my sister, I really trust her.

Hey everyone! Time for the last question of the night! 

Where are some places where you've sought help before, or you know of that can offer support for people going through a tough time?

Q: If you have a problem, who are you most likely to go to? Why do you choose this person?

I go on the internet...I dont want  people to know...friends and family..i dont want them to think im looking for attention

@Sophie-RO wrote:
Q: If you have a problem, who are you most likely to go to? Why do you choose this person?

A: I'm probably likely to look up information online first, and then depending on what it is I might talk to my sister or my best mate...

I think this is the process i would follow too, however, instead of my sister or best mate, I might seek out a friend who has had a similar or related experience. Maybe it's just the pragmatist in me but I feel like they can provide the best advice about what to do and what I can expect.

Elizzabeth: I agree I'm more likely to go on the internet too.

Q Where are some places where you've sought help before, or you know of that can offer support for people going through a tough time?

I have never sought help before. I have always just dealt with things by myself. I know there are places, although its just how ive always dealt with things.

Where are some places where you've sought help before, or you know of that can offer support for people going through a tough time?

Websites: RO Smiley Very Happy, Kids Helpline, The Desk, Beyond Blue/ Youth Beyond Blue, Lifeline Google, Headspace... There are probably others but I can't think of them at the moment.

People: Friends, my mum, my sister, my GP, my psychologist and staff at uni.

So that's it for tonight, thanks everyone for participating in the chat!

Hey lovely people! Thank you so much for hanging around tonight and sharing all yoru tips & tricks--I've learnt heaps! 

Make sure you take some more cookies before you leave, and I hope to chat to you all soon in our next discussion! (: 

Sounds silly...though music/songs have got me through a lot over the years...So I guess that is sort of a "place" I have sought help..