cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Dealing with feelings

Good point Ben! We can learn things easier when we aren't as distressed, so it is a good time to practice!

I think its a good time to seek help when you feel like you're stuck in these negative feelings and can't find a way out on your own. But in saying that you don't have to reach the point of being stuck either, even if a feeling is just bothering you it can never hurt to ask for help.
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

@Ben-RO that's a great approach to it. Continuous self-development can definitely help!

Nice responses everyone. Smiley Happy What do you mean by triggered, @redhead ?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

Yep @j95 totally agree! You don't have to wait until you feel stuck, if you want to learn something, or practice a new skill, there's no better time than right now! 

@stonepixie I think that's an interesting point, sometimes if the feelings are confusing or don't match up with what's happening, it can be a good indicator that a bit more support and someone to talk to would be a big help. 

I agree as well, building up your coping mechanisms/safety plan/support network while things are good makes things little less stressful when bad times hit

@stonepixie triggered is when a something leads to a certain intense feeling or thought. Ie x cause you to feel angry
===========================
Trying to make my misery
just a piece of my history
A little less victim a little more victory
-Icon for Hire

I'm noticing that everyone is focusing on early intervention, which is awesome because the earlier these feelings are treated, the easier it is recover. Although, having said that, it doesn't mean that it is going to be easy. Just in a relative sense. Does that make sense?

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ

I feel like preparing is really really good but sometimes we aren't prepared. What if somebody isn't, they are going along fine and then they hit a crisis, is too little too late? like oops? what happens then?

Thanks for that clarification @redhead Smiley Happy Not everyone knows what it means to be triggered, but what you said is pretty much spot on!