cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Feeling anxious?

I guess you could say constant anxiety could be anxiety but feeling anxious once in a while probably couldn't.  Yeah I seem to find stress to be very different to anxiety but that's probably my personal experience.  Stress tends to make me more frustrated and angry than anxious and worried.

I have no clue what I'm talking about. I'm just guessing.

If you're feeling feel stressed or anxious does that mean you have anxiety? What’s the difference?

Not necessarily. Stress and anxiety don't always go hand in hand (althought they often do!) I've experienced times where I've very stressed about work/uni but I haven't been anxious about it. I knew I was going to get everything done, which is why I think my anxiety lessened.

Everyone has experienced anxiety before in their life time. It's a natural bodily response. However when that anxiety becomes more regular, then you might have be having some problems with it.

I like to remind myself that a little bit of anxiety and arousal can be beneficial - especially when I used to play sport competitvely and when I'm doing exams! Obviously too much or too little may hinder performance, but if you can get it just right then it can really help you perform well

Highlighted

If you had to describe anxiety to someone who had never heard of it before, what would you say?

I think anxiety could be best described to some that had never heard of it, is explaining what it is like for them maybe to sit a test or go to a job interview, it is that feeling but for some of us we have it everyday, just walking out into the world or every time we do mundane things that they wouldn't think twice about. From that very simple explanation you could then go onto explain having intense irrational fears about a variety of things or even a specific phobia of some kind.
I think that is how I would describe it.

Hey @Troy!

That sounds pretty accurate to me!

Hey @Troy! Smiley Happy 

Nice one Troy, good point! Welcome....

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

I think that sounds about right. We all get anxious/nervous/worried some times - its pretty healthy. But when its happening most of the time for more than a few weeks and its stopping you from living/enjoying your life, its more like an anxiety disorder.

Perfect response!

If you're feeling feel stressed or anxious does that mean you have anxiety? What’s the difference?

I think stress is a different thing. To me stress is the feeling you get when you have so much on your plate but It become anxiety when you start to question what will happen if you don't get it down, or it effects your thoughts constantly
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//