cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Feeling anxious?

They sound like great friends. There are a lot of skills you can practice to help calm your anxiety too... things like slow breathing and mindfulness are brilliant.
Highlighted

Hey there @anxiousjess0408 - great to have you here - welcome!
Great to hear your friends are so supportive!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Great advice, thanks @Alikki!

If you had to describe anxiety to someone who had never heard of it before, what would you say?

Oh man, I would call it this uncomfortable feeling that you just can't seem to shake. It attacks different functions in your body. It makes thoughts race around your head. It's constantly asking 'what if'. It makes it hard for you to breathe. It is confusing and scary and lonely. 

Highlighted

And now for all of you: tell us, If you had to describe anxiety to someone who had never heard of it before, what would you say?

I don't know how I'm going to go answering this one so I might skip it for now. Smiley Indifferent
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//
Highlighted

That's hard dude!

I'd say anxiety is a generalised fear. The difference between anxiety and fear being fear is more specific.
Highlighted

Great answer Alikki thank you - we could all do well remembering some of that advice about our internal "self-talk" 

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Fair enough @j95 - it's a pretty huge question!

Highlighted

Yes FlorenceForever. It can also make you feel sick (or want to poop), sweat, and be really tense. Its your body's way of helping you prepare to fight or run away from a threat.
Highlighted

No probs Jay!

And thanks to the FFs for their descriptions (footy fan and florenceforver) - both great ways to describe it!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Sometimes thats a way to describe it... you can't!! it can actually stop you from being able to communicate with others.