cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [SPECIAL GUEST] Wear It Purple

@Sophie-RO yessss. ive identified as just female for a while, but never felt comfortable with that term. this morning when I was helping kya out I came across the tern bi-gender.. and it just fir for me

Do people really say we stole the rainbow?? Whaaaaa!? That's wild - sorry people have said that to you blindeagle!

by the way I love what you said - "I'm a little different and it's a beautiful thing"

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

My favourite thing about the term 'rainbow' is that I don't need to tell people overly specific things about my identity - it's a great way to identify that I am diverse when it comes (for me) to gender and sexuality, without having to use terms that not everyone might understand. It's especially great on those days when I don't particularly feel like explaining in great detail what it means to be genderqueer, but I do want to identify myself as a member of this community.

You're all coming up with some great stuff! So good to see you all so engaged with something that's clearly important to you Smiley Happy And to us of course! So I'd love to pose another question to you all, considering some of you have even already divulged how you identify - and I love that you feel comfortable to do just that. So, what do you think gender, sex and sexuality is? They're terms that often get thrown around, each with an important difference 

@Lawson I love your description, perfectly worded and stated Smiley Happy

It can be a amazing feeling to find something that feels good after feeling not quite right about the labels society has put on us.

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

i love this! I'm thinking, most recently, that i may for now simply identify as 'rainbow', not getting too specific until i have time (and patience, and courage) to really explore who i am.

Just one of the reasons to love it! I know I loved it when I wasn't entirely sure of how I identified. It was nice to have something that was different without having to be too specific or limiting when I was still figuring things out for myself.

Sex - the body a physical anatomy a person was born as.
Gender - how that person views themself (boy, girl et cetera).
Sexuality - the preference a person has and who they love, regardless of the above two words.

That's a basic overview of how I see them, but of course there's more to them than that!

@BlindEagle - great idea! It's worked out pretty well for me! Smiley Wink