cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sex: myth busters!

@Sarah_YEPcrew wrote:

Just "hooking up"/casual relationships always ends with someone getting hurt. Discuss. 

Not necessarily. I think if you're realistic about both people's expectations of the relationship, it's possible to have a casual sexual relationship with someone. Just be careful that you're on the same page - having different levels of feelings towards one another can lead to some tough situations!

Hey coolcat! Yep just jump in! You can start by giving us yr thoughts about the question above (which was Just "hooking up"/casual relationships always ends with someone getting hurt. Discuss.)

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@fosterthepeople Mmmm, yeah I understand that there can be that inner conflict. Just because you carry a condom doesn't necessarily mean that you are wanting sex. You're just prepared! And looking after yourself! Besides, no-one needs to know... keep it hidden!
Highlighted

Hey @Coolcat great name by the way!!

You've joined the convo! Yay! What do you think about casual relationships? Do they always end in people getting hurt? x

Not that condoms *need* to be hidden. It's not shameful to carry them! All about personal choice!

fosterthepeople wrote:
i think when it comes to sex because it's about pleasure people are more likely to risk take.
i know it's very important to use a condom because it protects you from heaps of things.
i think it's also important for people to be prepared. but there's a bit of a conflict in my head personally
1. if i carry a condom i might be more likely to have sex - despite not being ready
2. but if i don't carry a condom and in the "heat of the moment" i might regret it
conffffffffffffffused

Hey @fosterthepeople

I think condoms are like raincoats, you can bring it with you and if you need it you can use it!

I always keep some in my purse, or you can keep them somwhere else but its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it! 

Make sure youre ready for whatever you want to do!! Smiley Happy

hahhahaha cool thanks YEP crew Smiley Happy

"Just "hooking up"/casual relationships always ends with someone getting hurt. Discuss. "

Doesn't *always* end up with someone getting hurt at all! But both people need to be respectful and communicate well and be empathetic to the other person. 

I've seen a lot of situations like this go bad because of a lack of respect and communication. Also, I think that if you are going into a scenario like this you need to be really honest with yourself about your feelings for the other person and are not just saying yr OK with it being casual because you think you 'should' be or because you like them so much you'll take it if that's what they are offering...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Now we have talked about how condoms are useful!

What do we think of this?

5. The pill protects you from STIs. (True or False.)

This page has some info about casual hook-ups with questions that you might want to think about if that's what you're looking for Smiley Happy :http://lovegoodbadugly.com/casual-sex-friends-with-benefits/ *Beware - there's a video that plays automatically on the side of the page!