cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sex: myth busters!

FALSE FALSE FALSEEEE

ohhh FALSE! it can only help you to not get preggers!

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

@YEP Crew_ Gab wrote:
FALSE FALSE FALSEEEE

good stuff! Only condoms can do that! They provide a barrier to stop the transmission of fluids. The pill stops pregnancy by doing 2 things:

A) most pills are combination pills they use estrogen and progesterone to stop an egg from developing, they also have progesterone which means they...

B)  also build up a layer of mucous on the cervix to stop sperm from entering the uterus, and cause the lining of the uterus to be thin and watery so implantation would not occur. This is how Implanon, Mirena, and the mini pill work Smiley Happy

If anyone has any suggestions for myths for us to bust let us know! We've got some up our sleeve BUT if you have one that you'd like answered, just shout out! We'll do our best Smiley Happy

Moving right along here.......

6  I have no symptoms therefore I have no STIs. (True or False.)

Anyone? Anyone? Kudos for the right answer!

obviously false, some don't have any obvious symptoms and sti's like most diseases would have an incubation time where there is no symptoms at all but you can still transmit, yes?

S.T.A.R thats what you are!!!

I have a myth that might cause a lot of anxiety for young women who have sex with guys, that "the first time" is always going to be a really painful experience. Is that true for all women on their first time with a dude?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Highlighted

Hey hey @willch Smiley Happy

Thanks for joining the convo! You're absolutely right... some STIs like chlamydia show no symptoms and some like HIV can take a while to shows symptoms ect! x