cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sex: myth busters!

hi willch! *ding ding ding* yep! i think heaps of STIs can have no symptoms, YEP crew do you know which ones can sometimes not have symptoms?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

but yeah many STIs never have symptoms, in WA 1/5 people under 30 are estimated to have Chlamydia and yet 90% of these people have no symptoms! HIV can take up to 6 months to show up in tests as well! Thats why condom use is important even after testing!

That's why it's so important to get tested regularly if you are having sex or having genital or mouth skin-to-skin type contact!

Last question kids:

Men are more interested in sex than women?

anddd GO! x

Can a regular GP test you for most STI's?

@Sophie-RO wrote:
I have a myth that might cause a lot of anxiety for young women who have sex with guys, that "the first time" is always going to be a really painful experience. Is that true for all women on their first time with a dude?

@Sophie-RO  This is always talked about but not always true! Many people enjoy their first time and many dont. Thats why communication is really important. Feeling comfortable to talk about what you like and what you dont and what is comfortable for you, this way you can have the best exerience you can! 

Preparing yourself emotionally and physcially for sex can be great! Things like being comfortable with your partner, oral sex, and lube can all help the experience. If in a hetrosexual relationship a women can also try going on top if they feel comfortable so they can control what is happening to them.

I personally think men are more interested in sex and females value the other things in a relationship more. Saying that, women still want it!

NO!! i really think that myth is wrapped up in restrictive ideas about masculinity and femininity...

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Hi @daisyflower !!

Great question!!

Men vs women more interested in sex? The stereotype is definitely men but some women are really into sex. I don't think women should be ashamed to enjoy sex a lot - if you do, you just do.