cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can you help us do some research?

No worries @FootyFan26 - we'll leave the thread up for a while so you can contribute whenever you feel up to it.

Look after yourself Smiley Happy

You're a legend - thanks @scared01!

Thanks @lokifish, this is super helpful! And it's great to hear that the community is growing stronger, and that people are sticking around for longer. 

All of this feedback will be really valuable for planning the evaluation - keep it coming guys!

1. How long have you been a part of the community on RO and how has it changed in the time you've been here?

I've been here a little over three years. The forums itself hasn't changed but I feel that the culture has kinda changed, for the better, we're becoming more inclusive and open to new things all the time, which is the point of ReachOut. For example when I first started using the site we didn't really have much for or talk much about things like gender/pronouns, indigenous culture, a good memes thread.

2. What are the ingredients that make the community a place you want to be a part of?

- Inclusivity
- Support but not in an overwhelming way, it's kinda like here's some ideas, let's work together to find a solution rather than just do this.
- a good mix of fun threads, tougher threads, and important conversations
- meme threads

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Thanks @j95! It sounds like you guys really value the diversity and openness in this community, and the fact that you can share both the good and the tough times. Nice to hear that we're making progress on the inclusive front too Smiley Happy

1. How long have you been a part of the community on RO and how has it changed in the time you've been here?
I've been on RO since August or September 2016 Smiley Happy I don't think it has changed too much in that time although I have become a lot more familiar with how to navigate the site, etc of course.

2. What are the ingredients that make the community a place you want to be a part of?

• All users feeling like they are being heard and responded to and that their contribution is valued
  • Inclusivity and awareness/acceptance of diversity amongst people
  • Fun games threads/all the memes and gifs
  • Community moderation - this makes it a safe and supportive place
  • Live chats and discussions - these really help with getting to know other users and feel like you are talking to real humans Smiley Tongue

Thanks @May! You're awesome!

Umm It hasnt even been a year yet since ive been here so cant really say if its changed- sorry not much help on this one

Great support from all members
the games threads and everyone is included
being anonymous and moderated for safety
as othrs have said the inclusiveness and the support but again not overwhelming
the ability to think for yourself- be given help but often answered with questions to be helped think into the situation further
the wide range of threads from games to tough times, gettign help and infobuses

im sure theres many more but thats all i can think at this minute

@Kat-RO

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

So I am finally online, albeit on a phone, so now is my time to answer the questions!

I've been on here for a few years I think. Things that have changed... @Ben-RO joined us! The parents site became a thing. And Builders became a thing too.

Openness, fun and supportive. Smiley Happy

Thanks @scared01 and @N1ghtW1ng for your feedback! Letting us know what you value in the community will help us make sure we ask the right questions in the evaluation.