cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special Guest] Naomi from Wear it Purple!

YES @Naomi-wearitpurple that is so much better! I always worry I'm getting the wrong letters or missing out on something so that is way better Smiley Very Happy

This is all really encouraging dialogue and is in and of itself an important conversation. From what I'm hearing - an important theme is to be open and willing to understand other people's viewpoints/experience. Listening and being willing to understand IS showing support. I love it!

giphy

Rainbow People! (I just really wanted to use this gif Smiley Very Happy)

giphy

Rainbow People! (I just really wanted to use this gif Smiley Very Happy)

hahah love it @N1ghtW1ng !! Smiley Very Happy

@N1ghtW1ng you always have a gif up your sleeve...I love it!

Also...as a caveat to my previous point: it's definitely important to own up to your mistakes without being too harsh on yourself and learn from them. That being said, I think it's important for everyone but especially LGBT folk to learn the difference between when they've actually done something wrong or hurt someone versus being attacked and blamed just for living their life the way they want. It's really sad that we live in a world where we have to make that distinction but so many people like Naomi are working to change that and in the mean time I think it's an important skill to learn.

I have two questions at once now! 
This one's for anyone that has done anything for WIP- ever! 
What have been some of your favourite moments while working with Wear it Purple? 

And this one is for the rest of us (it's a little trickier!) Smiley Happy 
What are some of the issues or challenges that Rainbow Young People are facing at the moment? 
Highlighted

I have so many favourite moments! I think for me each year seeing everything come together on Mardi Gras and wear it Purple day is the best! All the work that goes into it, and hearing from people just what a difference it has made in their lives and why they think the day is important. It's super cool to see schools and workplaces embrace diversity, because it shows me as an individual that that's a safe place for all rainbow people 💜🌈

My favourite moment from working with Wear it Purple was my first time building the Wear it Purple Mardi Gras Float, its was an empowering moment to be able to create something that so many people would a see and appreciate. Plus my garage was full of glitter!!!!!!!!!!

I always love seeing you folks at mardigras @MickWearitPurple! So much glitter!