cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] The elephant in the room

I think if someone opens up about their story, it's quite a privilege to hear it! I think it's important that if we hear someone open up and we're concerned that they might be going through a hard time, we talk to them about getting connected to a support network. Maybe it could be encouraging them to talk to a parent, a GP, go to ReachOut, or some of the other services like headspace, eheadspace, Youth Beyond Blue or Lifeline etc.

Knowing some of the services available online, face to face and or on the phone is a great way to support someone who opens up @safari93. Pointing them in the right direction can sometimes be the best thing you can do!

YES @redhead!
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||
Highlighted

Simple and most excellent @redhead

I second everything everyone's said Smiley Happy

Good night @FootyFan26!

That gave me goosebumps @redhead. Such an easy simple thing to do, but means so so soooo much.
|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

I copied you I think @Steph-Batyr! Great point @redhead!

And that was our last question for the night!

Such an amazing chat! Really good to have you all on Smiley Happy Make me feel pretty lucky to get to talk to such awesome and switched on people all day!

An extra special thanks to @Nic - Batyr and @Steph - Batyr for staying up late to share so much amazing knowledge about storytelling and the amazing things Batyr does.

And an extra-extra specia thanks to @ClCl for helping to organise and run this session!

Answers to anonymous questions and a summary will go up sooon!

Have a good night everybody !

thanks everyone! tonight was really good!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Goodnight everyone! And thanks @Ben-RO @Nic - Batyr @Steph - Batyr and @ClCl for this great discussion Smiley Happy