cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] Twenty10 talks about coming out.

If you decide to invite your friends and family, It’s important you do it in a way that makes you feel comfortable and safe. What’s the best way to tell your family and friends for you?

I think the best way to invite your friends and family in can be to just go out,and live your life and accept your own sexuality. fall in love/meet different people, be happy with who you are. It should be less about telling your family and friends and more about showing how much better you feel being true to yourself. 

If you banish the dragons, you banish the heroes
- Andrew Solomon

@Bay52VU I think that's great coming prepared and ready to tell your family (or anyone) that you haven't figured it all out yet, and that you're finding out more about yourself. It's okay to not know all the answers Smiley Happy

@ClCl I just wanted to add this. Your mum might be like that because this is something new to her. So you questioning your gender, from her eyes, is you wanting to be more practical. So, when you're ready or however you feel, explaining to her exactly what this means might show her how it's more than practicality.
Anyways, g'nite!

Thanks @Rainbow Lane. Yeah I think that might be the case. I also told her probably before I had really considered it myself seriously, so that might have contributed.

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Hey @ClCl that sounds like the beginning of lots of conversations! Your example really highlights how gender expression can shift and flux over time without being fixed as any one thing. 

Highlighted

Thanks, thats super useful @N1ghtW1ng. Your support on here has been really useful and I really really appreciate it

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

And that's all we have time for!

Thank you so much to everyone who has shared so much tonight. @Bobby-Twenty10 and @milohunto are still working through the questions, they want to give the best possible answers so they're taking a bit more time to write them. I will post the them and let you all know where to find them as soon as they're done! Until then. Thanks again! Have an absolutely wonderful night! 

Gnight everyone! It's been great sharing with you and listening to all your stories <3

Thanks everyone! Especially @Bobby-Twenty10 and @milohunto for sharing their wealth of knowledge.I have found this really useful

Hey thanks so much for creating such a supportive space. It was a pleasure to be part of it!!