cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] We're rebuilding, help us make it awesome.

That's okay @loves netball, what in particular do you find not so great about it?

Hey @loves netball Smiley Happy

good to know - is there anything you think that would be better than the current system?

That's okay @loves netball! What don't you like about them?

I think this could be cool, and help build the community, but would have to be done carefully... Online gaming can also be addictive - we don't want people getting overly concerned with the ranks, almost like levels of a game or something??? :/

Maybe at certain points or whatever, like reaching a....threshold or something? They could choose to type their own title? Like a personified one. Within reason of course!

Well it makes me feel insignificant seeing that there

@RevzZ I am liking the sound of that

@Autumn23 that's my main concern with it, we wouldn't want the forums to become about what rank you are!

I think one good thing about the ranks is that it shows users who is who. For example, who the builders and moderators are.
How do you think the ranks could be done better @loves netball?
Highlighted

I think that finding your path to recovery is hard work and it can be really tricky to keep track of how far you have gone, learning new skills takes a while, and on top of that there's often ups and downs. If we had a few ways to recognise and celebrate the skills we work so hard to build on here, then i think that would help us remember how far we have come and in turn give us a bit of hope for how much further we can go. 

So I think gamification is a good idea, for example,  you could let someone know they did a great negative into positive. You could also give them some recognition for mastering the art of turning a negative into a positive if they posted a neg into pos every day for a month. 

On the other hand i see @loves netball 's point, too. If we do gamification, we have to do it veeery carefully.