cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] We're rebuilding, help us make it awesome.

@Autumn23 I thought of that too and I think its great!!!
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

To be honest, I'm not really sure. It is hard to do that with an anonymous forum setting, because unless the user discloses it, you don't know about a person's background or experiences. I think one way that we might be able to do that is keep the forums as an open place. No posts being mean to a particular experience or background, no judgement. Maybe threads about different background, people sharing their own backgrounds, if that is something they'd be comfortable with to show new users and visitors the different backgrounds that users have. Maybe also a similar thread with experiences, although I imagine that this would be a little bit harder to do seeing as there are so many experiences, good, bad, lifestyle that could be related, one thread could probably turn into a support thread. Although it could also be used as a gateway thread to help users posted about negative experiences to make their own thread to get more support.

Hopefully that made sense! Smiley Very Happy

Is there anything extra we do to make the ReachOut website really inclusive and welcoming for people from all different backgrounds and life experiences?

I would love if we had an LGBT+ specific section, but I feel like that's been said before Smiley Tongue

More encouragement of community discussion around diverse backgrounds/experiences would be great, but how that would look I'm not sure.

I know @Stealth_ninja and @safari93 have a lot of ideas about this too, maybe you guys could post a few after the chat?

I like the idea of flags @j95 @Autumn23, where would you suggest showing them? Only on the home page or as a floating thing everywhere? (like latest topics, the nextstep tool)

hmm im not sure probably just the forum homepage @N1ghtW1ng I cant really give them a proper place yet because it will all change anyway

wow this convo moved really fast and I would love it if the conversation could continue!!

There has been so much great feedback and ideas and things for the team at RO headquarters to think about.  I'll keep checking in as well. 

I'll leave you with one final question:

Thinking big - If you could do anything at all on the forums (not worrying about limitations like time or money), what are some features you would add?

@j95 true Smiley Tongue

Another thing with the whole forum section on LBGTQIA(I'm so horrible, I can never remember the acronym) is what would it be used for, would it still be used or would it fizzle a bit, things like that. But definitely having threads, yes yes yes to threads! Smiley Very Happy

Sorry for the bad photoshop and I posted this before but I guess it's easier to see here:

All that wasted space on the side when it could have that. Maybe just showing up in response to certain words in case it takes up too much space or something. Like a pop up.

Need help suggestion.jpg

I love it @RevZ thats awesome

Godamn that's awesome @RevzZ