cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] We're rebuilding, help us make it awesome.

@RevzZ I would probably put it on the right side, but that's a cool idea! I like it! Awesome photoshop by the way. Smiley Very Happy

I'd like a way to be able to delete user accounts, so I can't log back in

That is so awesome @RevzZ!!! I think having that there is a subtle but clear way of saying we are not crisis support - but HERE are crisis supports!!! 

@loves netball I don't feel like the ranks matter to most of us.  The only ones that make a difference to me are the mods and community managers, other than that everyone's pretty equal.  I don't think anyone sees people as insignificant because of their rank.

In response to the question, maybe making it possible to add a different avatar a bit earlier.

Okay the ranks upset me because I find it if I try to support others, usually I feel like my support is just brushed off because I'm not a builder or a mod. That's all; I like trying to help others

Thank you so much for coming tonight, @VictoriaB and  I will be checking back in over the next few weeks for new responses and will be sure to use your amazing knowledge of this community to help build something pretty sweet. It'll take us a while to put everything together, but we'll get there! 

Please don't stop adding ideas to this thread, the more we can do Smiley Happy 

I really enjoyed reading about everybody's excellent ideas tonight Smiley Happy
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@loves netball I totally get where you are coming from. When I first joined RO, I also wanted to help support people but I found it difficult because there were the mods who were trained. But your support is definitely not brushed off, it is wonderful the support that you give to other users. Smiley Happy

Oh my goodness, such a fantastic discussion im so bummed that I missed out but being overseas makes some things really difficult. Thanks everyone especially @Ben-RO and @VictoriaB for giving us all an opportunity to be part of the re-build! Everyone has such amazing ideas, makes me super happy! As i was reading everyones posts i just wrote some things that I thought in another document.

• Really like the high give feature, latest topics and quick reply but would appreciate if quick reply had the ability to tag people without typing the whole name. For some names e.g. @N1ghtW1ng (love your name nightwing and i think you're awsome but whenever i reply to you i don't use quick reply Smiley Tongue) it never works.
  • Also agree that the refreshing during discussions is difficult and I know we have been talking about a chat system or something to try and do that better but even if you can get it to automatically refresh like facebook that would be great.
  • Holy wow @Chessca_H i knew nothing about that feature, thanks for educating me
  • I have been back and forth about the emails because I find it hard to maintain boundaries, especially when i'm worried about someone as  @May_  suggested, some sort of notification system would be great like when it signs it it shows you who has tagged you and responded to you 

• I really like Ben’s idea for gamification, it could be really great to give people rewards for things like not SH for a certain amount of time or getting through a really tough time, dealing with a tragedy or working really hard to stay positive. Also things like, helping out another user, writing really great response to someone in crisis, constantly contributing to the community.  These are things worth rewarding, not so much how many posts they did or how long they've been a member of RO. As a mod i'd be more than happy to be responsible for giving out these kind of rewards, like if we had some standard ones and then special ones that encourage people to keep swimming and keep trying that could be really wonderful positive reinforcement. At the moment we try to support the builders in that way and we do things like friday fives but a more structured version of this could be great. Not many people really understand how hard recovery is and how hard it is to change but we get to see the change! And it's pretty damn amazing.

• There are lots of things I think we can do to be more inclusive! Love the idea of welcome to the country and flags!
    • I think it could be really cool to somehow acknowledge all the different backgrounds we have contributing to this site, without disclosing too much, giving people the option to choose flags or just having them somewhere on the site as a banner.
    • I also strongly support allowing people to select their desired pronoun and have that appear below their username, we can include an option not to disclose for users that don't feel comfortable but this could draw attention to inclusiveness. 
    • I would support a LGBTQI section of the forums but i can understand some of the concerns
    • I would love to have more discussions about culturally specific issues and risk factors for young people, some of those tougher topics like religion and inter-racial relationships including family conflicts which we have tried to do in GRs a few times.
    • Also topics that incorporate multiple levels of diversity like gender AND sexual preference AND ethnicity and the complexity that might bring to someone's life
    • There are definitely users that struggle with issues at home and having more resources and spaces for conversations about these things as well as places we can refer them would be fantastic. Things like safe houses and other social services
    • Just for Reachout in general - trying to engage users from rural and remote areas where I think support via the internet could be really beneficial
    • Moving forward, a google translate and speech option so that we are able to reach people who might struggle with english or having poor reading/writing skills. Integrated disability support of all kinds would really propel reachout to the head of pack in terms of online mental health support. These are super long term but Im hoping if its written somewhere then it's out in the universe Smiley Tongue  Hope you don't feel too bombarded @VictoriaB
  • YES @RevzZ having those helplines and numbers on the side is perfect!!
  • Some people have mentioned wanting to search the forums - i think it's really important that the forums are integrated into every part of the redesign, sometimes it feels like a completely separate thing - someone said that the fact sheets and forums aren't linked, similarly it often feels like not much is linked and as a moderator I sometimes don't even link to factsheets because it takes users so far out of the community space that they feel they're just being palmed off to something else. 

Anything else @safari93?

Sorry for so much! and really sorry I couldn't make the chat but I hope my suggestions help!