cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [Special guest] We're rebuilding, help us make it awesome.

These are all great ideas. I guess you could 'filter' search results by forums too

@Bay52VU if I had a dollar for every time I was super confused about what someone was talking about becuase of their forum signiture, I would be very rich hahaha

One idea is to “gamify” the forums a little bit more (e.g. giving people rewards for posting like badges or ranks, recognising people for contributing to the forums). What do you guys think about that?

That would be awesome! I get that we have those rank things but I still think we need to up it a little bit but I dont have any ideas yet
//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

@Chessca_H yeah that sounds like a good idea - although isn't there already levels/rankings Eg super-user, casual scribe, etc? In what ways would it be different to that?

I like the "gamify" idea, but I think we'd have to be careful about how we do it so it doesn't get too gimmicky

Yes I love this idea @N1ghtW1ng! If the search bar provided hits from both, but they were sort of displayed as seperate lists the user could easily pick whether they wanted general info from the website or to chat with other people going through something simular!

Sorry, this is a little behind but I wanted to show a visual aid of what I meant earlier, which might be good for the search function. Kind of a response to the very first question:

Reddit suggestion.jpg

I think gamifying is a neat idea. It's a great way to encourage people to post and to share and a neat way to build up the community.
The high fives are nice and it's always super awesome to see the "most high fives" area to see how awesome some of our users are!
Ranks are neat too, it was pretty cool to see mine go from rookie all the way to star contributor Smiley Tongue

Sorry to but in here, BUT I HATE the level/rankings thing under the username

One idea is to “gamify” the forums a little bit more (e.g. giving people rewards for posting like badges or ranks, recognising people for contributing to the forums).  What do you guys think about that?

I think it could be ok, as long as it isn't done in a way that becomes a competition or is too cheesey.

____________________#iftoastershadfeelings____________________