cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMAA: Change with Psychologist Rashida

Homer Simpson Car GIF

We all know how the saying goes - "The only constant in life is change". When I heard this in my teen years it scared the crap out of me. The thought of having to face change constantly felt so daunting. As life has moved on and I look back on all the changes I've adapted to I wouldn't have it any other way because I can't imagine who I'd be today without all the periods of transition I've come up against. 

In saying this, it isn't like change is easy and I'm sure we can all agree that the mammoth changes we've all seen in the past year is enough to make anyone's head spin. So, that's why we're welcoming a brand new guest who is going to unpack this topic with us. Rashida is a psychologist and has worked with the likes of Triple J Hack, Lad Bible Australia and RUSHH Magazine Smiley Surprised

We are going to be tackling all things change - whether it's aging out of services, transitioning out of school, adjusting to covid or going through a physical change. As always, shoot your questions through and on Monday the 1st of March we will get Rashida's professional opinion on how to make the most of change. 

We will be kicking off this LIVE chat from 7pm - 9pm

Re: AMAA: Change with Psychologist Rashida

Looking forward to this chat! Smiley Happy

It should be a really good one @WheresMySquishy ! 

Everyone get your questions in as Monday the 1st is fast approaching Smiley Happy 

Really looking forward to answering all of these great questions tonight!

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Welcome @GuestPsychologist1 ! We are super excited to have you joining us tonight, thank you so much for joining us! 

There's been some great questions coming in - we will be kicking off the chat with Rashida at 7pm AEST tonight Smiley Happy 

Just thought I'd quickly tag people who are online/ may be interested in joining us! @Eden1717 @priyaaaa  @WheresMySquishy @hunginc @Lost_Space_Explorer5  @MB95  @Tiny_leaf  @Anzelmo @A_Friend @ayrc_1904 @Bingo1234 @wanderingwasp @Wathan 

Check out our community activities calendar here

Welcome @GuestPsychologist1!
So excited for this chat to start! Smiley Happy

Hello all!! 

I'm super excited to welcome Rashida @GuestPsychologist1  to the forums tonight to chat about all things Changes! It definitely feels extremely relevant after the year we have just experienced, and I'm really looking forward to this chat! 

blogger community – From UK to the Philippines with Love

We thought this question would be a great place to kick off: 

Hi Rashia, can you tell us a little about yourself and your journey to becoming a psychologist?

Check out our community activities calendar here

So excited to be here, thank you so much for having me.

A little about me - I really love creating and collecting art - I find looking at (drooling over) beautiful interiors of places i dream of living on social media cathartic. I love nature and being in the ocean any opportunity i get and in a pre-Covid world i loved travelling and immersing myself in different cultures and their cuisines.

My journey to becoming a Registered Psychologist was a long but worthwhile one! It was a 10 year non-linear journey, with MANY changes along the way. It consisted of doing my undergrad in Australia, an exchange program for a year in Toronto Canada, coming back to Australia to complete my undergraduate degree and then struggling with my mental health due to the transition and changes from living overseas to returning to Australia.
Once I completed my undergraduate degree, I moved overseas to Kenya to work in a Non-profit organisation providing mental health counselling support to Cancer patients and their families - It was an incredible experience, however, I realised I was lacking some practical skills to be the best therapist I could be, so I returned to Australia and completed a Masters program in Counselling and Psychotherapy which was amazing.
I then started the 2 year internship component to get my official Registration as a Psychologist in Australia. The internship requires you to work in various settings so I was able to experience working in settings such as - psychiatric hospitals, private organisations, youth work organisations and now I work in private practice which I absolutely love.

I never envisioned my journey to becoming a Psychologist to go the way it did - it took me a lot longer than expected with a few (a lot) of twists and turns along the way, however, it has afforded me a variety of skills and opportunities and I am super grateful for the journey.

That's so interesting @GuestPsychologist1. Smiley Happy I have a psychology degree and tried doing that 2 year internship but I didn't like the place I was interning at so I never actually finished it. It has changed a lot and now I think they are phasing it out. I'm now a mental health peer worker in an inpatient setting.