cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AMAA: LGBTIQA+ ReachOut Edition

Not at all @Lost_Space_Explorer5 welcome!! Smiley Happy glad to see you here 

Me too @Hozzles reading through what everyone would say to themselves really made me smile Smiley Happy 

Those answers are so touching!
I really like the themes of staying kind to yourself, normalising the experience, and being part of a community.

Aww it's so beautiful seeing everyone's responses Heart

@Bre-RO Yay! I'll be here but I'm multitasking with uni atm so I'll be in and out and my responses might be a little on the short side but I'll be reading everyone else's responses! Smiley Very Happy

Yep you def picked up on some really important themes there @WheresMySquishy Heart Being kind and patient with yourself is key. 

No worries at all @Lost_Space_Explorer5 Smiley Happy 

Haha same @Lost_Space_Explorer5 Smiley Tongue

Celebrate Proud Of You GIF by Fox Fisher

Let's get into this next question, something that is a very common experience and I am glad this was shared Heart 

I think I might be trans or non-binary and I don't know how to feel about it

I know how hard that can be as I have struggled with it my whole life. When I was a little kid some days I would like to be called Jake and other days I would like to be called Claire, for me I just didn’t feel like I fit being a girl but I also didn't want to be a dude. It was confusing and I spent a lot of time feeling out of place. I think the fact that you are questioning is so awesome it shows that you are honouring your truth.

Whatever you are feeling is real for you and don't ever think that what you are feeling and experiencing is not valid. I guess for me once I accepted that I dont 100% fit being a woman a big weight was lifted as I could just be me, and that means that sometimes I feel neutral about gender and other days I feel like I sway towards feeling feminine or masculine and that is 100% fine. The most important thing is you feel comfortable in how you identify and express yourself. Gender is fluid, it is not finite so be kind to yourself as you explore. When I opened up to my family, friends, and workplace that also helped as I felt like I could be my authentic self, this may not be something you want to do and that's totally fine, you get to choose who you want to share your journey with.  I recently got a puppy and I named him Jake which means Claire and Jake get to exist together and that fills my heart with happiness.

@Claire-RO, Community Team 

I love the bit about the puppy! HeartSmiley LOL I suppose you could always create a character/ write a story about how your ideal self would look/ do. I put a lot of myself into my characters sometimes and it's a good way to explore some things while keeping it distant/ impersonal if that makes sense haha

Aww, that's so cute about the puppy! Smiley Happy
I think we often think of gender and other personal characteristics as being black and white, or being one or the other. But multiple truths can coexist.