cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AMAA: With Saltwaterdreamtime

Thanks everyone for joining us tonight! An Enormous thank you to @Saltwaterdreamtime  for answering all our Qs and allowing us to learn about you and your culture. It’s so lovely to hear that you’ve taken lessons from ReachOut, we’ve certainly taken lessons from you. It will be bloody bittersweet when you age out of this place, you will certainly be very missed.

Thanks to @WheresMySquishy @Hozzles @Lost_Space_Explorer5 @Ladybug @Tiny_leaf @MB95 

for joining the conversation with likes, comments and glorious gifs!

I've got a LOT of takeaways from tonight, specifically for this week I'll be thinking about what @Saltwaterdreamtime said about NAIDOC week and what I can do:

it’s a time for reflection, what can we as a country do better to recognise AND RESPECT the nations first people.

And this absolute GOLD: 

To put it simply, individuality is awesome, be proud, stand tall, because you are a legend just the way you are.

Thanks everybody and take care Heart

Mental Health Tea GIF by Cat Willett

Just a reminder that if this chat has brought up anything distressing for you that there is support that you can get right now - 

You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here.

Heart

@Hannah-RO seriously sounds like a party, are they moving furniture up there!? Are they playing chasy?

Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of this. It means so much to me to have you all on here. Thank you for showing an interest and eagerness to learn. Please share anything you learnt with others too.

Thanks so much again @Saltwaterdreamtime! Discussions like this one are so important. I hope we can have more of them in the future.
Have a goodnight everyone! Smiley Happy

HAHAH you've got some new roommates!

Thank you so much @Saltwaterdreamtime! I've learnt a lot, and I'll for sure be passing on some knowledge with people I know. Smiley Very HappyHeart

@Hannah-RO The premier said no parties and no guests in our houses!? Where do I report for breach of lockdown hahaha, I’m over these rule breakers. It’s not like they pay rent!

Thanks all. Have a wonderful night!

One more thing!! 

https://clothingthegap.com.au

This is so cool, and you can order clothes specifically for mob or allies. 
We just ordered a few things for our household. 
Just one of the local Indigenous businesses KILLING IT. 

Okay I'm not going to lie, I did actually tear up a few times reading through this chat. This thread encapsulates everything I love about our community. The willingness to learn, the mutual respect, the lols and the personal growth. @Saltwaterdreamtime I cannot thank you enough for opening up to us all, for sharing your journey to discover your culture and just being you. I think I speak for everyone when I say how sad we'll be when you age out, but wow, aren't we so lucky to have had you here. Such a wholesome chat everyone thank you all so much for making my friday Smiley Happy 

Also, I just had to contribute to the surfing gifs. Enjoy. 

scream surfing GIF by ViralHog

Thank you very much @Bre-RO it was a great chat