cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AMAA: With Saltwaterdreamtime

@Hannah-RO @Saltwaterdreamtime  ahhh sorry I missed this one- it looks a great chat, I'll have to aim to join the next one!

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime, I'm sorry to have missed this chat! Your connection to your culture is really inspiring and something which I believe we can all learn from. Heart

I'm a bit late catching up with this one, but just had to say how freaking amazing this chat was - @Saltwaterdreamtime thank you so much for being so generous in sharing your knowledge and experiences here, I have learned so much reading your words and this AMAA is an absolute gift for everyone reading. 

THANK YOU 

27 Ridiculously Awesome Surfing GIFs | Surfing waves, Surfing, Waves

Check out our community activities calendar here

Also wanted to Jump on and say this was bloody tops! Thanks for being so generous with your time and allowing us into your world and culture! You are a legend @Saltwaterdreamtime !!!!

@Claire-RO @Janine-RO @mrmusic @Tay100  Just catching up now...

Thanks so much for your messages everyone. 
I just had a though for the CM’s/Mods, NAIDOC week is over but it doesn’t mean we abandon chats like this, how can we keep the conversation going? 

Hey @Saltwaterdreamtime 

I just caught up on your thread. It was really touching to read. I hope you are proud of yourself as you sure as hell deserve to feel proud! You've gone through so much and you got through it all. I honestly think you have a great story to tell and I encourage you to continue to do mentoring like you mentioned in your post, as I believe many others can learn from you.

You raise a great question about keeping the conversation going. ReachOut will keep this here as a resource for anyone who would like to read it, and then we can potentially post relevant content here as it comes up. Otherwise, you are of course, welcome to create your own thread on this topic which you can update as you please. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks @Maddy-RO I would love to continue I just don’t know what’s out there. I have moved from Melbourne where I did it with an organisation.

It would awesome to keep this thread up but apart from that I’m just not sure what else to do at the moment, I think it’s just disappointing for me sometimes and this isn’t anything to do with what Reach Out has done but I find sometimes the conversation stops after NAIDOC and people resume their lives like it was just a trend. So I wonder what can be done the other 51 weeks of the year?

Thank you for bringing this up Saltwater, this is such an important point, it would be really shit for this conversation to end just because NAIDOC week is over for this year. Our content team put together this piece about being an Ally to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people which has some ideas of how to move beyond being an ally just in NAIDOC week, and incorporating being an ally into our lives. One of the things from this I’m really keen to do is check out some of the podcasts and documentaries suggested, (I just started listening to Debutante: Race, Resistance and Girl Power, which is a podcast by Nakkiah Lui and Miranda Tapsell which is super interesting!) maybe we could have a new ongoing thread where we can chat about what we’re watching/listening to and what we’ve learned from these? 

That is just one idea, I’m really keen to hear and talk about other ideas!

I like that idea @Hannah-RO and music too

Yeah music too! And books! There is also a chat on Monday 23rd happening on forum about How to Be an Ally, (there isn't a thread for it yet, but here is the calendar) hopefully we can all generate some more ideas there too in the discussion Smiley Very Happy