cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AMAA: With Saltwaterdreamtime

Welcome to all the peeps who have joined us so far tonight with comments and likes @WheresMySquishy @Lost_Space_Explorer5 @Ladybug @Hozzles Heart great to have you all here! 

HAHAHAH @Saltwaterdreamtime THAT IS TOO GOOD lil gingerbread man Cat LOL

Here is our next question and my fav gif about growing up

Growing Up GIF

2. Can you tell us a bit about your culture and how you learnt about this growing up?

@Hozzles It’s really big isn’t it!?

@Saltwaterdreamtime awww so cute! I love little kids! Heart

That is really cool @Hozzles!

@Hannah-RO a bit cute... just not at 7pm haha or 4am, or any time between 7pm and 6am for that matter.

2. Can you tell us a bit about your culture and how you learnt about this growing up?

This is a really interesting question for me because I actually didn’t know much about my culture all growing up. I had to learn as an adult. I knew I was Indigenous, but apart from that we didn’t really share much. I grew up living with lots of different people too so that didn’t help much. I learnt most about my background in my 20s.
But the Arrernte people are from Central Australia. More specifically my grandparents were a part of the stolen generation and they lived in a town in the Simpson Desert. I’m not too sure if I can name it. This land also covers Alice Springs which we all know. I will post a little map in one sec.

E102B3E4-DD23-4230-8E3D-2E5C5D4983FA.png

It’s a classic wiki map but I actually realised I don’t have one saved on here.

It was kind of hard growing up learning about Indigenous culture in school, and thinking, this is kind of relevant to me but I want to know more, but not having the ability to find it or ask for it. Looking back the information was pretty basic and never dived much deeper than colonisation, and that Aboriginal people like kangaroos... seriously 🤦🏽‍♂️

Sorry to hear you weren't able to connect with your culture when you were younger @Saltwaterdreamtime Smiley Sad I'm glad you were able to connect with it eventually though

It must have been so interesting learning about your heritage @Saltwaterdreamtime. As I am not Indigenous myself, I have already learned so much from this chat too!