cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AMAA: With Saltwaterdreamtime

We had a staff member like that at my second high school @Saltwaterdreamtime. She was a teacher but she had set up a group for people to learn more about Indigenous culture and for Indigenous students to connect with each other. I think I went to one of the meetings and it was really valuable.

3. What are some things that make you proud to be an Arrernte man?

I think being part of the oldest living culture in the world is one thing to be proud of, I mean, look at what we’ve dealt with and gone through, but we’re still out here fighting for what’s right. 
Belonging to somewhere, belonging to a community is something I have very rarely felt in my life. 
I’m proud to call the lands of Arrernte people home, even though I no longer live there in location, I know it’s a really vague answer, but I’m proud to be of a culture where the land, water, people, the sky, flora and fauna are all interconnected and live in harmony together. All of those things play a part in our lives everyday. 

I don’t know why your tag keeps coming up weird @lost_space_explorer5 but I’m pretty sure it was their job, I’m not too sure on specifics, but it was either their job or they spent a lot of time working with me pro bono hahahaha

@WheresMySquishy pretty cool hey! Lots more happening in terms of youth reference/action groups now than ever before. I recently found out that a school my partner does some work with on occasion has one of the highest rates of Indigenous students in the region, and they are doing some cool stuff.

I love this response @saltwaterdreamtime, absolutely fighting for whats right after everything is something to be so incredibly proud of. And I love what you said about interconnectedness and that being a part of everyday life.

I’m pretty sure I knew some names of my grandparents but apart from that I started at nothing

It's really beautiful you've found that sense of belonging @saltwaterdreamtime Smiley Happy And yeah, another user always gets tagged instead of me unless you go into the normal reply instead of quick reply. It seems like your tag is being dodgy too so twinning in that respect hahaha Smiley Tongue

@Saltwaterdreamtime  That's such a great response! It's awesome that you find ways to connect with your culture everyday.
I think it's wonderful that schools are providing young Indigenous people more opportunities to have their voices heard and their needs addressed.

Omg twinning odd tags @Lost_Space_Explorer5  and @Saltwaterdreamtime ! I have actually never ever used the quick reply until like 10 min ago, so thanks for the tip Cat LOL

@WheresMySquishy if it’s ok can I rephrase your answer...

I think it’s awesome that YOUNG PEOPLE are fighting to have their voices heard and coming up with ways to spread the knowledge.

No disrespect your answer was awesome, but it’s often lead by young crew themselves.