cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: AMAA: With Saltwaterdreamtime

omg right @Hozzles??! what on earth? ugh.

Phew, I'm not too late!

Is it okay if I say whose land I'm joining the conversation from?

Also @Saltwaterdreamtime Thank you for doing this! Your answers are really amazing!

Great to have you here @Tiny_leaf ! And yep that's ok with us Smiley Very Happy

@Hozzles  I think that's so true. Something can be well-intended but it might not actually be very practical or helpful for the people it was actually designed for. I also think it's important to look at people's different experiences rather than treating whole groups of people as having the same experience.

Another good one. You guys are throwing out some epic questions...

7. What can you tell us about living on Wadawurrung country and/or the first people of that area?

I love living in Wadawurrung Country because it is SO DIVERSE. I can climb mountains 40 minutes from my house. I can surf across the road from my house. Even my street is full of both of those things!! 
In our street we have the beach and the bush. 

That’s awesome. The diversity in both of these spaces is what baffles me. The difference in the flora and fauna. The caves we can go diving in. The red rock cliffs that I stand on everyday, and I walk on each morning.  But I’m still on Wadawurrung country. 😮 

I can tell you that if you would like you know more about language  there is an app called 

WADAWURRUNG LANGUAGE 

4E98CE63-DE88-4D4A-9E16-092D99ABA6AD.jpeg

Like I said, I've lived on the land of the Wadawurrung country my whole life and am happy to learn more! I know a lot of suburbs/ cities within the land are actually taken from Wadawurrung words, which is amazing! Smiley Very Happy

I also can imagine it might have some dark history, considering the gold rushes around this area. I'm not sure though, as, again, I've never heard anything about it in school. Smiley Sad

Wow @Saltwaterdreamtime  that is incredible!!! And thanks for the hot tip on the app, will have to check it out!

@Saltwaterdreamtime that makes me want to visit someday!

I'm joining this conversation from Noongar land.

@Saltwaterdreamtime THERE'S AN APP? This is brilliant! Smiley Very Happy

@Tiny_leaf welcome!