cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Advocacy - Ask a Pro Live with Bre August 29th 2019

Hello everyone and welcome to our Ask a Pro:Live event on the topic of Advocacy! 

We will be starting with the first question right at 7pm!

Self love.gif

So before we get started we just want to remind everyone If at all you find this conversation distressing or you feel like you need to talk to someone then it's time to get some help! You can call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 or use their webchat and email services found on their respective sites. The links can be found here. If you are new here then welcome! Have a quick peek at our community guidelines you can find them here!

Just tagging all the members who liked this initial blog post:

@Sunflower18 @MisoBear @May_ @Hozzles @Bee @ecla34 @xXLexi_Lou122Xx @N1ghtW1ng @WheresMySquishy @scared01 @Tiny_leaf 

bored kid GIF

Thanks for the tag, but I can’t make this one, sorry. I’ll give some of my own answers tomorrow.
I have assignments I need to get done, but I can’t wait to read all the answers, questions and replies!

// Nothing is impossible. The word itself says “I’m Possible” //

OK here we go Smiley Happy

I want to welcome the wonderful @Bre-RO to our discussion tonight. 

Many of you have seen Bre around the forums and tonight I am super pumped to hear all about her and her experience in advocacy.

So let's kick off with the first question.

Tell us a little bit about yourself and three fun facts!

Thanks Claire! Let's get straight into it.. 

As many of you know my name is Bre and I've recently joined ReachOut and love it so far. I think why it's such a perfect fit is because everybody who is part of RO is passionate about helping people, building community and talking about things like mental health Heart 

Some facts about me...I love to travel, listen to and see music and be in nature. My favourite landscape is the desert - a fact about me would be that I love to travel and see natural landscapes. The most surreal to date would be the Sahara Desert. My goal is to see all the continents by the time I'm thirty years old - so far I've just got two to go. 

Another fact is that I love to write. Ever since I was a kid I wrote poems and short stories. These days I like to write opinion pieces, mainly because it helps me get things off my chest. To my surprise though last year three reputable media sources published my work! 

Hi @Bre-RO! Excited to be a part of this discussion! Smiley Happy

I love travelling too! Like you, I also loved writing poems and short stories when I was younger. Congratulations on getting some of your work published. Smiley Happy

@WheresMySquishy Excited to have you hear! 

It's nice to know we share that in common Heart And thank you so much - it definitely made my year 

Hi @Bre-RO 

That's amazing about only having two continents left!!!

And well done on the published works! I love to hear how writing helps you get things off your chest I am the same with songwriting Heart

Thanks for tagging me @Claire-RO ! Smiley Very Happy

@Bre-RO that's such a cool goal, i hope you get to achieve it! (antarctica might be a bit chilly Smiley Tongue)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@ecla34  A bit chilly and really expensive haha so it's a bit of a challenge but that's the whole idea. 

@Claire-RO Writing is such a great outlet! Journal writing as well is such a good way of letting go of stuff