cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Emotions

loved being here folks - amazing people online TY.
- great last Q:
There is massive value in having discussions like this. We have prisons and hospitals bursting with people, many with emotional problems that have never been addressed. We need better systems in society. We would save a lot of drama, arguments, hurt , if humans were better at understanding, managing and expressing emotions in healthy ways and if our medical systems supported us more to get good help. Call your local member of parliament!
Highlighted

I think describing them as dark is okay because sometimes it's easier for people to say 'my dark thoughts are really bad' but there's nothing wrong with the thoughts they are just thoughts like every other one
Highlighted

I'm loving the quotes tonight
Highlighted

I agree @GuestPsychologist. Hospitals can help, but the main thing is preventing people from getting to that stage. Often people who end up in hospital or prison haven't been helped by other methods or systems. As a carer, I've found that it can be hard to find effective support for myself and other people, such as long waiting times to access services.

Highlighted

great insight - i think it can help to bounce off others too (if you can) to ask them if they think what you are doing is healthy or not. Sometimes it is hard to see clearly when we are down
Highlighted

exactly thats my point - hospitals and prisons could be avoided more if we had better prevention systems that deal with emotions and all the other stuff.
Highlighted

and they should not be focused on locking people up if it can be helped!
Highlighted

So much straight up wisdom in this thread! So happy to have spent my evening chatting with you all Heart Signing off now to redeem myself and play with my puppy haha. Goodnight everyone!!

see ya goodbye GIF

Highlighted

exactly - locking people up is a simple and outdated option. societies on my view need to find better options informed by trauma and emotions.
Highlighted

Thank you so much for this chat @Bre-RO  @GuestPsychologist! Smiley Happy
I've also loved hearing your insights @Lost_Space_Explorer5. Smiley Happy