cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Emotions

I can relate to that question. Sometimes, I try to track my mood but although I know how good I am feeling out of 10, it can be hard to pin down a particular emotion. I've tried to use apps that let you select emotions from a list. I find that easier than having to come up with them on my own.
My sister's hospital used to have a 'traffic light system' where she just had to say whether she was feeling green, amber or red without having to explain what she wanted or why she was feeling that way.

This evening in a playground i saw a lady with a singlet saying: "its not weak to speak". I thought that was good to see

"Get literate with emotions – they are our allies, our friends." LOVE this quote. 

These are me and my emotions 

happy lance bass GIF by The Meredith Vieira Show

I also used the traffic light system with my family @WheresMySquishy but then started lying with that HAHAHA so yeah my family is basically always suspicious of me because they can never predict when I'm feeling really bad Smiley Sad

I find working backwards from how I'm feeling in my body can help with identifying emotions otherwise I'm just like ????

especially right now - its good to talk about worry or stress that covid is bringing too us and how we can manage these extra challenges/emotions

So good to see people proudly representing that message - it is so brave to speak about how you feel. Which leads me onto our next question, which is super practical. 

What's a good starting point for setting goals around managing emotions? What strategies can be helpful with this process?

great ideas for finding different ways to understand our emotions - TY

Haha I'm gonna quote myself from the forums I said something like this a while back- "It takes skill to lie about how you are feeling, but courage to tell the truth"

A good goal I think is to be content. What is blocking that? When I was in my teens or from 10 to about 20 - yes 10 years - I had a lot of difficult emotions – anger – sadness – depression – anxiety – shyness – frustration - I could go on. So I started looking at what was the cause. What was the problem? For me it was my family – there were problems. So I asked myself how I could manage myself and my emotions – how could I rise about the problems of others and how could I be happy or just content. It took time and patience and plenty thought.

I'm soo into you quoting yourself @Lost_Space_Explorer5 and what an awesome quote 

Running Man Dancing GIF