cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Emotions

connecting with our bodies is a great idea - it can slow the thinking too...and we can actually feel our 'gut feelings' that can guide us to safety

HAHA shameless self promotion @Bre-RO

And what happens if you don't actually want to be content @GuestPsychologist, like you don't really know what you want?

that's an epic line! wisdom bomb right there! TY

Mmm I agree @GuestPsychologist getting to the root cause of big feelings is so important and feeling content is a great goal to have. You can't always be totally elated but you can work towards being content Heart I think I've learnt a lot about that this year. 

That's a good strategy @GuestPsychologist. It also helps me to reflect on why I am feeling a particular way.
Something I saw online was kind of like a 'decision tree' regarding what to do about worries. If it is a problem you can do something about, it said to write down your options or make a plan and if there is something you can do right now, to do it right now. Otherwise, it said to let the worry go and focus on something else that is important to you right now.

I agree - being content with the simple things and not expecting to be happy all the time is key. Actually accepting that 'life is difficult' is very important. not always difficult, but difficulties will come and go

yes ive seen the same idea and use it with people all the time. Change what you can control and try forget about what you cant control...

theres a good book called 'the road less travelled' by M Scott Peck - i read it when i was 20. The first line is 'life is difficult' but if we accept that a lot of the difficulty goes away..

Thanks for sharing that link @GuestPsychologist 

I want to say thank you to the user who sent us this question, it sounds like you're really tapping into your body and how emotions make you feel. 

Is it normal to experience emotions as physical pain?