cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Life after Social Isolation

I agree @GuestPsychologist- every challenge or negative experience is an opportunity to learn something about your own perspective.

@WheresMySquishy I'm sorry to hear about your sister getting sick Smiley Sad I hope she'll be able to do stuff together again. Have you come up with any benefits of iso? I'm curious Smiley Happy

Ah that's an awesome one @GuestPsychologist !  Just came across a video they made of it so chucking it up here if anyone wants to have a look!

Check out our community activities calendar here

great idea - good strategy - its good to take any actions - it gives us back control - I hope your sister comes good.

Also another benefit is being around home with my family more during the day

welcome back! yes we are all adapting - humans are good at it - not easy but we will do it!

Personally one benefit I've had is that I've been able to become more sincere in some of my interactions with others. I had huge fights with my parents which cleared the air even though they were awful at the time. I've also realised how much I really appreciate my partner due to missing him! My brother had to learn to cook meals at home because he couldn't take his new gf out for dinner Smiley LOL

@GuestPsychologist @Lost_Space_Explorer5 for sure, even introverts need social connection. A good analogy I remember hearing is that introverts don't necessary dislike people, they just 'recharge' and are most energized away from others, while extroverts 'recharge' and are most energized with others.

look forward to viewing - my reading could be much better! TY

welcome back!

@Lost_Space_Explorer5  She has made new online friends and some old friends do keep in touch, but they have to come to her because it's hard for her to travel. But if she wasn't sick, I don't think she would have e-met some people with similar interests, so that's a plus. We have also been able to do a lot of indoors things together that she can still do and her artwork and creativity has really flourished because she has a lot more time to work on it due to being indoors all day. Smiley Happy
I've also done a lot of things in isolation that I wouldn't normally know about or do, such as finding lots of museums, artwork, live cams and things like that online. I'm pretty introverted, so it is easy for me to stay indoors but I missed exploring places just for fun and similar things.