cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Life after Social Isolation

@Janine-RO nice to see you around on a Thursday! Thanks for the tag Smiley Happy

I’m keen to join!

@Bananatime04  it's lovely to see you! I'm stoked that I get to be here for the chat tonight, I'm really looking forward to it! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

@Bre-RO im ready to go, see you all soon!

Hey everyone, I may be in and out but good to be here anyway

Season 7 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Welcome, everyone! We are so excited to welcome Dr Joe @GuestPsychologist tonight, to chat all things about life after social isolation, quarantine, and these weird times we find ourselves in. 

To start off Joe, would you like to tell us a bit about yourself? 

Check out our community activities calendar here

good to have you - I'm logging on from Gadigal country - saltwater country - Eastern Sydney

Hi @GuestPsychologist! It's nice to meet you! Smiley Happy

Sure! thank you Reachout for having me - I love your work. I would like to acknowledge I'm logging on from Gadigal country in Sydney.

I’ve been a psychologist for about 10 years – before that I worked an IT Programmer mainly web stuff but just kept studying on the side. Psychology interested me more – there’s always something to learn and no-one has all the answers - especially me. During this convo I’ll be spelling covid in small letters – it reminds me that I have choice and power over it, and reminds me it doesn’t control my life and there is still so much I can do and be grateful for. I expect I and everyone on this forum will be here long after covid has become an old annoying memory.

My favorite therapy to use with most clients is Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). It is powerful and acceptance itself is hugely powerful. If we are struggling with something it is often because there is something we need to accept.

Using covid in small letters is such a great idea and makes total sense, shame it auto corrects to caps

Yeah the small letters thing is such a deliberate and purposeful way to take some power back