cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Life after Social Isolation

for sure - we got to take some control back..turn off the crap news and live our lives - safely..we will outlive this shit 

I absolutely love the choice to spell covid in small letters @GuestPsychologist , so simple but really powerful! 

Check out our community activities calendar here

@GuestPsychologist  I like ACT too! I find it helpful when I have issues such as chronic pain or need to relax. I know it doesn't help everyone but I like doing those kinds of exercises when changing my thoughts about something won't make me feel better.
I used to do a bit of IT stuff too as a hobby and through courses. Some of my family members have an IT background, but I didn't want to pursue it as a career and have just kept doing it as a hobby and as odd things for people here and there.

Hey @GuestPsychologist! So keen for the chat! Smiley Very Happy 

So true about the 'covid' thing with the lowercase, haha, small actions like that can be so meaningful sometimes. It reminds me how sometimes if I'm just hanging out with friends or don't want my message to sound so serious, I purposefully turn off capitalization and type in all lower-case. Love how the internet has it's own 'body language' in that way Smiley LOL 

sweet yeah its hard to avoid IT - were on it now! - 

and IT has power - look at us connecting now - so cool. 

ACT is a great therapy - but its takes practise to live in the now - im not great at it yet

Same way I have been really trying to filter out the media hype/propaganda vs what our premier and health officials are actually saying... predictions from the every day Australian on Facebook are not helpful, particularly where I am, we have narrowly missed Melbournes lockdown and everyone seems to think it’s coming and freaking out, calm down people, the premier hasn’t announced anything yet, look at the facts we are doing really well here

It’s ok to be worried and prepared and for some that’s how they cope, but I can’t stand predictions and people loosing their shit over something that might not even happen. Anyway guys, I have to go but back in about half an hour or so, hopefully, it’s a bit out of control in our house right now.....

100% agree - its really important to NOT listen to too much media/news on covid. Just a little for the general updates. But we know now at this stage what to do...what will journos do when this is over - they will have to find real stories again!

Thanks so much @GuestPsychologist . And I also should acknowledge that I'm logging on tonight from Garigal land. 

We've had some brilliant questions come in from the community for tonight's chat, so I'll kick off with the first one: Life with covid has brought a lot of changes for all of us - our first question is 

How do I get back into my hobbies if I lack the motivation? 

Check out our community activities calendar here

too right - live now and try not stress about the future - see you later