cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Life after Social Isolation

awesome chat guys! I totally agree that people are social creatures, whether we admit it or not Smiley Tongue We all need social interaction. I find I'm not resentful of people who are complaining, mainly because all the people I know are introverted so there aren't many complaining to me hehe.. Isolation is kind of normal life for me, but even then, it's reminded me of how many small things we take for granted.

Thanks @Hozzles ❤

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that gets frustrated by it.. like I totally understand we are all dealing with this differently but sometimes it just annoys me when I hear others turning things into bigger deals then they are and just willy nilly saying they feel so depressed because they can't see their friends. I don't wanna sound like I'm not caring because I am, I just get annoyed when people who are far from depressed use the word so effortlessly. Like I feel like pulling them up and explaining to them what real depression is! Ugh. Anyway, I'll shut up now cause I don't wanna sound like I'm not caring or taking the time to understand others, because I am. But thanks for sharing!

I hope you're okay. This thread is good but also bringing up a lot of emotion and thoughts so hang in there. I think it's great you've acknowledged you need to take a break ❤

I just remembered a great small book called 'who moved my cheese' its very clever about dealing with unexpected change like covid or anything unexpected. There used to be a free pdf online - im sure someone can find it! 

I think so yes, but I’m an optimist- what about you ? Can you see any good in things generally? Good comes out of every challenge I think. We decide what attitude we want to use to approach covid and everything else. We learn about ourselves. There may be a greater understanding of mental health yes because anxiety and depression and stress have increased a lot due to covid for those who don’t normally suffer from them. That is a good thing – that increased understanding and I hope empathy also.

I totally agree @Lost_Space_Explorer5. When my sister got sick, there were a lot of things that we couldn't do together any more and it has made me appreciate the happy memories of her being able to do those things and hope that one day she will be able to do them again.
I've been trying to think of the benefits from being in social isolation. Sometimes I journal them or write them down in apps.

Hey everyone! I just was reading along Smiley Very Happy I think the balance between being the model citizen locking down and keeping their distance, and not being a martyr who lets yourself suffer unnecessarily is really hard in these times. I think it's hard to deal with people whose reactions seem to be unreasonable or extreme but at the end of the day you just have to do your bit.

I’m back, are we still on? 
Yeah got a bit hectic @Janine-RO  on my own tonight but that’s no reprieve from the 7pm I’m a volcano show... 

"I have friends who I think I will probably not see much of anymore because of their anxiety of returning to normalSmiley Sad"

Speaking as someone with anxiety -- do not give up on them! It really means a lot to me when someone invites me to an event, even if I know I won't have the energy to go. Anxiety sometimes fluctuates, and some situations are better than others. Be kind and emphasise you'd like to see them, and work with them to see what they'd want to do (whether just communicating through text, a video-call, to a one-on-one meeting or a party) . Online friendships can be as meaningful as in-person ones. Don't try to push them into anything, or anxiety will go right up!

100% we take a lot of freedoms for granted - and have been lucky - many of us

I definitely think it’s taught people to be resourceful, when lockdown first happened and there was no food in the supermarket, despite the obvious necessities, we had to adapt and try something different!