cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Study Stress

@Roxy879 I so resonate with your last response Heart 

It sounds like study stress is something that started throughout highschool leading up to final exams, which I know so many of our readers and members are feeling at the moment, and was something you became more conscious of as you continued through to university.

Amazing to hear that learning the signs helped you manage study stress more and more in the last year! Sometimes it can take time and reflection to really hear our bodies!

Hey! It's lovely to meet you too! And you're welcome, I hope my answers are to your liking!

Welcome @scared01! So grateful you could join us after such a long day Heart You're a gem!

So glad i could catch this chat! Smiley Very Happy looks amazing so far!

@Roxy879 it's so cool hearing about your study experiences and getting your insights! Heart

I agree that the body's always trying to tell you things, it's just hard to understand sometimes! Almost like we need an interpreter Smiley LOL 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@WheresMySqyishy thank you for sharing that <3 I recently went through a similar situation with work. I was in an occupation where I didn't feel safe and morally didn't feel right. I went through a lot of stress and I felt so much better when I resigned! And like you, I haven't regretted firing myself!

I can see @ecla34 popping up in the high fives too! Welcome Smiley Happy

It sounds like learning about how stress effects your body has been a big part of your journey too @WheresMySquishy! Our bodies can tell us when our life is out of balance too, and I am so glad to hear you made a decision to prioritise your wellbeing Heart Not easy to do and incredibly brave!

We often hear on the forums that stress can be increased when there are time pressures or competing demands. Our next question for @Roxy879 is: How can study stress be managed when you are time-poor?

time spin GIF by Tony Babel

@ecla34  Always listen to your body! Lol 

@Roxy879 i'm so sorry to hear that were put in such an awful position Smiley Sad So glad leaving has been so positive for you Heart

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@Roxy879  I'm glad that leaving improved your wellbeing! We have to put our health and safety first before any position. Heart

@Jess1-RO @ecla34 @WheresMySquishy @scared01  Yasss! Our bodies are amazing! 

Q) How can study stress be managed when you are time-poor?

A) When you are time-poor and have study stress, things may appear daunting!  But if you know yourself and know what works best for you when you are under pressure, study stress can be eased into manageable steps and techniques.

Scheduling your study schedule by breaking studying and assessments into bite-size bits that you can do over a plan time-period will help you so much when you are time-poor! Your brain works best in short bursts, having a heavy study schedule where everything is planned out as a list can perhaps lead you to think that everything is a to-do list, which may encourage more stress. By thinking that everything is urgent and requires your full attention can elevate stress levels. By blocking out your study day into chunks with breaks in between can drastically decrease stress.