cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Study Stress

@WheresMySquishy "We have to put our health and safety first before any position"- Spot on!

@Roxy879   I agree. I feel as though I work better and stress less when I gradually work on assignments, rather than doing all of the work in one sitting.

I totally agree @WheresMySquishy Working with a large time frame is so great for yourself and your assessment! It gives your work clarity and you can always give it your best! Always want to get them 100%!

(even though I don't get them....🥺😂)

@Roxy879 really agree with that advice! sometimes writing down a big to do list is helpful and sometimes it's like

one direction scroll GIF

way too overwhelming! 

@WheresMySquishy working bit by bit really does make things feel less frantic! 

To try combat study stress when i'm time poor i try to prioritise based on what's most urgent and what's most important, so that I know i have my bases covered. Trying to stay organised with my materials, notes, and due dates helps too Smiley Very Happy 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Loving the suggestions @Roxy879!

Breaking things down into smaller parts is a great way to manage study stress and chip away! Sometimes all the different deadlines and assessment due dates can start to make study feel like it is piling up into a mountain, I know when that starts to happen for me I can find it hard to know where to start! Scheduling is a great way to set small achievable goals. 

Would you be interested in sharing how you schedule your study load and your to-do-lists? Are you something who likes to write things down and pre-plan? Do you use technology? I'd love to learn what works for you Smiley Happy

@ecla34 oh that gif!! Brilliant- I feel like this is me way too often Smiley LOL looking forward to hearing tips about how @Roxy879 breaks down tasks! 

That's a great question @Jess1-RO  I'm a frantic planner! I write things down in my diary, I write things down in my notes on my phone! I write everything down on everything and anything! But mostly I rely on my internal calendar! I found that keeping dates and planning in my head the best method for myself. 

Some may agree, that this is a great method. Some may not, it all comes down to what works best for you!

It sounds like you have found some great ways that work for you @Roxy879

What do you do to break down tasks @ecla34 @WheresMySquishy and @scared01?

I have recently discovered the magic of milanote and trello which has changed my life for breaking down tasks! 

@Roxy879 totally relate there! 

I know myself, and I never check my diary lol. So i write it wherever i might remember it Smiley LOL I've been having a lot of success writing on stickies and putting them on the cupboard door or light switch, with the downside that sometimes they all fade into the background or there's too many of them! I've been tring to set reminders in my phone too. 

@Jess1-RO to break down tasks i like to divide e.g. essays into 'thinking time' 'writing time' and 'editing time'
For me researching and planning is the most stressful so I try get that out of the way, so that later I can calmly write everything up and then check again at a later date. I know once I get that initial research/planning out of the way, my stress levels drop wayyy down!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Usually, I start planning and breaking down my study plan early on in each term. When I am given my study guide, the first thing I do is compare assessment due dates to each other and make a rough to-do-list in my mind.

I try to analysis which assessment is more difficult or what assessments need more time than others (this can be the complex of the question, the word count, etc...)

But when I get to the assessment I try to spread it out to a week or two, I like having large gaps between the due date so I can re-read and edit it as much as I want without worry about the due date.

But even I don't follow this step. I'm human after all! And sometimes, if not regularly do I leave assessments to the last moment! It's okay if you do! You don't have to be the perfect student, just keep doing your best! You don't need to strive to be perfect for anyone but yourself!