cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Study Stress

@Jess1-RO   I have been using a calendar application on my phone to write down events and tasks, some apps that let me make to-dos and notes such as Google Keep and OneNote and a physical diary. Some apps and programs are really great in that they let you categorise things by the subject or project. Smiley Happy

@Roxy879 love that point Heart you can only do what you can do

@WheresMySquishy OneNote is life! Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

All the post it notes @ecla34!

post it notes spice girl GIF by Aminé

I really love designating time @ecla34 "'thinking time' 'writing time' and 'editing time'"; fantastic strategy!

honestly I don't really know how I broke it down @Jess1-RO I just seemed to do it but did write down assessment dates etc. depending on how many I had at one time I tended to prioritise them first. if there was a super quick assignment to do sometimes Id do that first so it was out of the way and one less thing to do.

like @ecla34 researching was usually the most stressful thing for bigger assignments
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

@scared01 getting smaller things out of the way is so satisfying and such a relief! Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

I've also found apps and programs which let you take screenshots or save articles for offline reading really helpful when an assignment requires research. Smiley Happy

I really love that last post @Roxy879! Even with the best plans, sometimes life happens and it can be really important to be flexible with ourselves and a little bit forgiving when we sway from our schedules and plans Heart

It sounds like doing that pre-planning early in the semester/term really helps!

I just have to repost this quote, because it is just spot on!:

@Roxy879 wrote:

But even I don't follow this step. I'm human after all! And sometimes, if not regularly do I leave assessments to the last moment! It's okay if you do! You don't have to be the perfect student, just keep doing your best! You don't need to strive to be perfect for anyone but yourself!

HeartHeartHeart

Prioritisation is a theme I am hearing through a few of these strategies @scared01 and @Roxy879 Heart Such an important thing to know and a guide on where to start!

@WheresMySquishy @scared01 @ecla34  I actually have One drive, Google doc,  and One note on my phone so when I go to bed I just do work in bed or re-read what I have written.

One note it great for your study notes, I just lay in bed and let my study notes be my bedtime story! 

love the quote @Jess1-RO that you picked up on from @Roxy879
**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**