cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ask A Pro Live: Study Stress

Here come the next two questions! 

@Roxy879, I would love to hear your thoughts on these two; Do you think is there an optimal amount/duration towards studying? and Is it possible to have a bit of burn out after being loaded with work and other responsibilities?

@WheresMySquishy i'm just imagining everyone in this discussion singing while they post Smiley LOL

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

Kareoke app sounds amazing @WheresMySquishy! I just recently got spotify, and it has been so great for stress! I have a ton of mood based playlist to sing along to, so helpful Smiley Happy

So agree with you @scared01, so many awesome strategies- I can't wait to try some of the new ones I have learnt here tonight! Smiley Happy

Q) Do you think is there an optimal amount/duration towards studying?

A)

What is the optimal amount of studying? I believe the answer to this question is different for everyone. It’s not the matter of studying for a long period of time, it's also how effectively you study and the methods you use. 

If you study with an ineffective method, you may find yourself studying for a long period of time without any progress being made. A good study session, if not most, last for an hour. But even with an hour of studying, having a break in the middle is important. But an hour isn’t enough time to get through a workload. And so, you’ll need to schedule more than one study session.

Q)and Is it possible to have a bit of burn out after being loaded with work and other responsibilities?

A

The simple answer to this is, yes! You can get burned out from heavy amounts of work and other responsibilities. Burnout is a terrible thing to experience, and it can be quite daunting and scary the first time you may experience it.  

The sad reality of burnout is that it doesn’t happen overnight - and it's difficult to fight when you are in the middle of it. It’s especially hard to battle when you are in the middle of a workload which has a due date.

@ecla34  funny that you say that! I have Youtube open on a separate tab and I'm just singing to the songs I'm choosing! 

@Roxy879 @ecla34   That's hilarious! Smiley LOL Sometimes, I find myself singing along as I'm doing a task or playing a video game.

"It’s not the matter of studying for a long period of time, it's also how effectively you study and the methods you use." Fantastic answer @Roxy879, I could not agree more!

Duration and study methods differ from person to person, and taking the time to learn what works for you is so important! For some people duration of study may be longer or shorter, or even differ day to day! Whatever your optimal study time is, do what works for you Smiley Happy

@Roxy879 true! It varies by person, and even by subject! I feel like it's also possible to overstudy material sometimes, where you aren't really progressing any further even if you keep on studying. That's why when people say things like, spend an hour studying for each hour in class it's not all that useful. It's a bit like asking how long's a piece of string Smiley Tongue 

(also lmaooooooo)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We had a live chat on Accessing Mental Health Support Online! Smiley Very Happy Check it out here! Heart

@WheresMySquishy  Oooo! Fellow video gamer! 

While responses are coming through from the last two questions, I am going to pose another question for you @Roxy879How can someone manage the stress of studying for future assessments when they failed previous ones? What advice would you have for someone who is concerned about failure?

Also throwing this question to the community too- what advice do you have for someone who might be afraid of failing, and how can they work to overcome the stress this can cause?