cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 1000001 COPING STRATEGIES & DISTRACTIONS

the worry box

this is very simple but could help. the aim of it is to set up a time to worry about specific things but after that its put away and basically tell yourself not to worry about it anymore. 

the first thing to do is to make up some cards about palm sized, you can decorate them but dont make them too busy otherwise itll distract you. you can make up a a few of these each set with their own worry

a few of mine are : my pop (then i add the date and time of his appointment), lack of friends, lack of relationships each on separate cards. place these cards into a box, i call mine the worry box. 

for each card set a timer for say 15 minutes, write/journal, cry, scream, worry anything you like for those 15 minutes then put that card away and get on with your day. that worry wont leave overnight, however letting it rule your day/life isnt very productive. 

having this physically in front of you, for me anyway. i find it easier than having to visualise me picking a card about and putting it away. 

that is why its called the worry box- it has your worries inside and under wraps until your ready to dealw ith each one 

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

Play card games
I know I could I could be better
-The Devil Wears Prada

@Chopsheres one thread that might help

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because your WORTH it!**

look up inspirational quotes on the internet (i then print them out, sick them on cardboard and put them around my room, I swear my room has more quotes, places, and cool-looking planets and other weird stuff than the universe has stars)

=============================

"impossible is a mere theory"

definition of flying: "throwing yourself at the ground and missing"

Play with a slinky or stretchy thing or tangle (basically... stim Smiley Tongue)

New to the forums? Say hello over here with a range of quirky questions!

BUMPING THIS AMAZING THREAD! Smiley Very Happy

To all our new (and old Smiley Very Happy) users, here is an never-ending list of coping strategies and distractions that might give you some ideas for yourselves Smiley Happy Also, if you're lazy (like me) check out this post linked below for an categorised list of all the coping strategies listed since the start of last year.

https://forums.au.reachout.com/t5/Everyday-life-stuff/1000001-COPING-STRATEGIES-amp-DISTRACTIONS/m-p...
(I should update it Smiley Tongue)

Have fun!! Robot LOL

New to the forums? Say hello over here with a range of quirky questions!

Do some crosswords (and laugh at the mental image of some very cross words yelling at other words Smiley Tongue)

I don't know what number we're up to. Spend some time writing a poem or a creative piece. It really helps to get your feelings out when you need to. Smiley Happy

Announcements
Share what's on your mind:
Head here and click "start a topic"

Not sure where to start?:
Head here and say hi!
Users Online
Currently online: 344 guests
Please welcome our newest community members:
Top High Fived Authors