cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: 2020 - Why do we have to pretend things are normal??

@lemurien  you said it! it's time we step beyond the classroom, and see what all the fuss is about! That's where the real learning and knowledge is formed, questioned, adjusted, and then rebuilt again. We are always growing!

Highlighted

@lemurien Congrats on the internship! Is that a course credit thing? I did mine last year and it was definitely a highlight! Especially if you get to work in a team Smiley Very Happy it's a good way to make friends. I definitely think some of the fun of class is taken away when you don't get to get out of your house and see people, even if the trip is a trek. I've managed to get 3/4 back in person so it'll be interesting to see the contrast while it lasts!

Highlighted

Yes I get course credit for it! Which makes it even more of a blessing because that's one less coursework unit I have to do this semester. And yeah, physically showing up to uni has always been quite fun for me, I really miss it. There's something so blah about Zoom/online classes. Honestly, when I'm in a really bad mood and I'm in class, the red LEAVE CALL button is really tempting, the fact that you can just make everything go away in an instant. Tbh I have rage quit on class before! But my internship is different, because I know there are people who rely on me being there, and who also enjoy the fact that I'm there. I think the students and teacher at my organisation really value me so that feels great.
Highlighted

@lemurien I agree! I definitely find ways to drag myself into class every time but when I was feeling awful for a few weeks at the beginning of lockdown I just missed class because I wasn't presenting. I'm glad it counts as a whole unit- my placement was on top of a whole semester's worth of study and it was crazy! I think you'll really enjoy it especially when you know you're valued Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Absolutely agree with you, it is really so unnatural to see people at the shops avoiding each other like the plague