cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 2021 Not Yet What You’d Hoped For?

Hey all! I've been loving reading through all of these- it has been such a wild and uncertain time for so many of us, and it's so good to see people sharing what's been helping them. 

I also just wanted to share these videos that a spectacular 16 year old human called Jay has done with ReachOut all about feelings about the future, uncertainty, and what they learned from chatting to 3 really diverse people: 

What's Next: Being confident when the future is uncertain

"

Hey– I’m Jay, I’m 16, and I’m in my last year of high school. Thinking about my future can be stressful, but I have so many opportunities to be excited about. In the midst of exams and lockdowns, I’ve enjoyed thinking about what’s next for me in life.

That’s why in this series, I’ve been talking to people who have been down this road before. In this episode I talked to Jason Ball– when he was a teenager, he had no idea what was in store for him in life, and he had no idea how people around him would feel about him when he came out." 

Check out our community activities calendar here

What's next: sticking up for yourself

We talked to Drisana Levitzke-Gray about networking, what it’s like being treated unfairly, and being confident in yourself anyway.

What's next: when you need to take some twists and turns in life

We talked to Corey Tutt about finding yourself, recovering from a personal tragedy, and why it’s so important to ask questions in life.

Would love to hear what you think if you check these out!

So important to talk about this! I've been thinking about it quite a lot and trying not put all my eggs in one basket. I think like any years of our lives there's definite ups and downs, but this year that is really highlighted. 

What are your tips for navigating uncertainty and looking after yourself in these ever-changing times?

Improving routines that are in my control - things as simple as having a nice morning routine, being mindful to not abandon self care. I think something I've learnt is to seize the day, don't wait to do things that make you happy. If it's a hot day I try to drop my plans to get to the ocean, because I know that is the place that makes me feel better. I can't say that beaches won't close this year again, but I can take each day as it comes and take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves to me.