cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 Things You Will Never Tell Your Parents!

Let’s face it. There are so many things in the world that we cannot tell our parents. Whether it’s a personal or not, we just can’t stand up to ourselves and say it directly to our parents due to a certain issue or circumstance. Usually that ain’t the case but it varies for each individual.

For example, I don’t tell my mom and dad that a guy put his hand around my shoulder cuz my parents are very suspicious and will think wrong of me when I wasn’t expecting that guy to do that to me. To be honest, it really shook me cuz that usually doesn’t happen to me. But if I had to I would tell my sister who is less suspicious and more understanding. BUT I did tell my sister which slipped the brick across my back!

Share yours here folks! Smiley Tongue

Re: 5 Things You Will Never Tell Your Parents!

1) Initially I wouldn't tell my parents who I was dating
2) If I wasn't going so well at school
3) Secrets (Not sure what)
4) If I was getting bullied

I can only think of 4, at the moment.

hey  @hhiteos789 - you answers got me thinking, so what *would* you do if you were getting bullied?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Interesting question @Sophie-RO
If I was getting bullied I would like to think that I would go up to the person/people, and speak to them about the situation. If that didn't work, I probably would get outsiders for advice/assistance like; school teachers, mates etc

When I was younger, I retaliated with being a 'bully' in return.

I have so many! which may not be a good thing .... 

i wouldn't tell my parents

- if i was planning on walking home alone at night 

- my job especially if its related to my degree 

- get a fine

- if i fail a course at uni 

- secrets between siblings 

I think those would be my top 5. 

I don't tell my parents that much about my life, they don't understand and they would just turn it back on me and i would get in trouble. See my predicament.Woman Frustrated

Hey @mission - yep sometimes parents aren't the people that you talk to about somethings.

The important thing is that you have other people you can talk to instead. Do you have friends that you can open up to?

Online Community Manager

ReachOut.com

Iv only got my brother and he is at that annoying stage where he doesnt listen to me, i live in a small town with no kids my age and go to school on line.Smiley Frustrated

That's where help lines can come in handy @mission Smiley Happy

Kids Helpline do phone, web and email counselling so if you ever need to chat it out with someone who isn't realted to you, you have options!

It sounds so easy to tell parents, teachers, friends and adults about getting bullied. But when you actually do get bullied it's so much harder.