cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A Good Book

In life, we all find ways to pass the time. I, for one, like to read books and so im just giving a shout out to people like me and see whats new in the world of fiction. =P

Re: A Good Book

Yes I do love getting into a good novel! I like Jodi Piccoult books, not much time these days to read though with uni and all unfortunately.

I love books! I'm currently doing a literature course as an elective, and the first book we read was Wuthering Heights. It's really, really good!

I recommend the classics. There's something for everyone amongst them!
My personal favourite is 1984.

If you like books that are incredibly avant-garde, get your hands on House of Leaves by Mark Z Danielewski. Really great mind-bending mind-blowing stuff.

If you want to read some weird stuff, pick your favourite book or book series then search for some fan-fiction of it online. Smiley Wink

thanks forthe replies, lately I've been reading The Messenger by Markus Zusak

For fantasy One of my favourite series and something I definetely reccommend is The Diamond Throne by David Eddings.

yayy for the prople recommending classics Smiley Happy

myself i am a big reader. I read new books (esp action ones - clive cussler anyone?) but i alwyas return to the beloved classics. Jane Austin and the Bronte sisters being my fave.

My favourite all time book would have to be Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for starting this thread!

@ TP, I also love the Bronte sisters... although The Professor by Charlotte Bronte is probably my favourite (I always like a good love story!)

A few good books I've read recently were "Bossy Pants" by Tina Fey and also "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" By Jonathan Safran Foyer - they made a movie from it recently.

I also just finished reading "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubins - totally awesome! Her blog is also worth checking out too.