cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A reminder to practice self-care over the holiday season

A recent bout of illness this past week has reminded me just how important self care is and that it can be so easy to push yourself this time of year (or really any time of year!). So I thought I would pop in with a reminder for everyone to get a little 'me time' in at some stage over the crazy holiday season. 

Also there are some great articles on RO regarding stress and the holiday season and self care so I thought I would link them here:

Does anyone have any self-care hints/tips that they find work really well (especially over the holiday season)?

giphy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!

Re: A reminder to practice self-care over the holiday season

hey @ErinsAntics and everyone

christmas can be a really hard time of year for everyone

theres a GR happening on the 18th thatll include some of this info as well Smiley Happy

some things that i find helpful are making sure i implement at least one self care strategy each day whether it be doing nothing for an hour, watching a movie, reading a chapter of a book, having a bath. i find things start to quieten down after 7ish so thens a good time to implement some strategies or get up abit earlier and start the day off with some meditation or deep breathing exercises.

**NEVER be afraid to ask for help because you're WORTH it!**

Such an important post @ErinsAntics! Tbh for me Christmas isn't too stressful since our family doesn't celebrate it, but we do celebrate other religious holidays and I can sometimes find being around a lot of people (esp judgemental relatives) really exhausting!

I try to have time away when I can (which sometimes means knowing when your rellos are most likely to ignore you bc they're napping or something), and I immerse myself in a book or video game, or put my headphones on and ignore the outside world. Maybe also tell a trusted relative (if you feel safe doing so) that you're ducking away for a bit, so your whole family doesn't panic and try to come find you

That's cool @safari93 that you don't celebrate Christmas, its such a crazy holiday so it's nice that you can check out from it Smiley Happy what holidays do you celebrate?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whatever it takes I know I can make it through!