cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Achievement Unlocked!

If you're half the nerd I am, then you spend way too much time playing games on your iPhone, Android, xBox, PS1,2,3,4 or maybe even your dusty but trusty old N64.  

tumblr_n3fmrpAcCN1twrxzjo1_500.gif

What do all these thing have that real life doesn't? Well, besides no consequences for your actions, endless lives, unlimited power and the capacity to go back to an old saved game if you stuff up, they have achievements! If you do a thing, you get a badge, or a level or an achievement! 

achievement (1).gif

They're kind of great because they let you know you're getting somewhere, making some progress, heading in the right direction. And they happen a lot, you don't just get an achievement when you finish the game, you get them for taking little steps towards the big goal! And that is something that is REALLY important to do in your life. 

While we at RO work on implementing the other features in RL, i thought it might be a good idea to start recording our achievements. Hence this here thread! 

It's also a reaaaaally powerful skill to have that comes from a thing called positive psychology. 

I stole this Quote off the Reachout Professionals site:

Achievement in positive psychology and wellbeing is more about taking steps forward, and seeing these as achievements and is less of a focus on the goal itself...

So to me that means that sometimes we can get a bit caught up in the big things, like finishing school, running a whole marathon, or being 100% mentally healthy (i don't think there's such a thing). 

So use this thread to make a record of the little things, even the tiniest steps towards your big goals. You can also tell us about the big things you have done too! 

If you want, you can use a generator  to make something like this: 

achievement (2).gif

Or another meme generator like this one.

xpmq7.jpg

Or you can just make it simple and write something like:

Today I got out of bed and made it to work on time. 

That is totally cool too Smiley Happy 

I challenge you to make a habit of this.  Commit to writing in this thread, or in a diary, on a napkin or somewhere else. The important thing is that you make a permanent record of your achievements and have a look at it every now and again. Now set an alarm or some other reminder and do it once a day, or once a week or once every 12.3 hours. Or whatever really Smiley Tongue The main thing is to make this a part of your routine, to remind yourself that you're on a journey, and celebrate each step of the way! 

Re: Achievement Unlocked!

This is FANTASTIC!!! I really love it!! Something I need to remember to do more - this will be the perfect way!

Ive recently starting playing video games and I must admit, I do get excited by little achievments.

Especially the other day when I wasnt feeling great and was just being silly spinning my character because I couldnt be bothered actually playing the game... I was literally twiddling my thumbs and I got this!

Screen Shot 2016-01-21 at 3.50.12 pm.png

My little achievement for the day was deciding to do some Closed Captions on an RO video because work cancelled and I havent done one in a while... The big goal will be for all RO videos to have accurate CC!

Can't wait to hear everyone elses and share the little things together Smiley Very Happy

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

Oooh what game is that? 

And it's so awesome that you are helping us out with our closed captions! Yaaay

My achievement for today is that I successfully spelled "achievement" without using spellcheck. For some reason i struggle with that dang word. Oh and i made this thread, zomg two in one day! 

image.gif

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

Love this! BRB while I go and dig out my Nintendo 64 from wherever it's hiding now that you've reminded me of it...

My achievement for today is for powering through to actually do some of the things I needed to do even though I'm tired and would rather go take a nap Smiley Tongue

achievement.gif

We could also keep a tally by putting RO and the next number - so we can know just how many amazing achievments we have all made as a group!

Boredom Busters.gif

I think that making these achievements needs to be added to the Boredom Busters video. Maybe someone should try Biscuit Blizzard and make that into an achievement... Im sure there is a hairdrier emoji!!

biscuit blizzard.gif

|| Life runs in cycles, the wheel never stops turning, no matter how dark the night morning comes, no matter how cold the winter, spring comes. When you feel despair know that the wheel is turning, joy will come. ||

@Ben-RO Helldivers is made by the same people who made Gauntlet and is a similar top down style where you go to other planets and do missions in teams (or on your own). I'm not hugely keen on it, I like Gantlet more.

achievement.gif

As much as I love to sleep, its something that isn't very easy for me and i've struggled with it for a while so I'm pretty happy with todays achievement. 

//You can stay afraid, or slit the throat of fear and be brave//

achievement.gif

So I met this guy ... he seems pretty cool and is okay with my sexuality. 

My entire life can be described in one sentence: It didn't go as planned and that's okay. ツ